Scroll 6: In Between

"What are you thinking, Sin?" Ja'far turned around to see his king let out another sigh. Sinbad stared at the window, his mind wandering off elsewhere. His eyes roamed at the sea as if searching for something, but he knew that she will not be anywhere near his kingdom. He was the one who drove her away.

"I should have been honest." He whispered. His heart was not contented with what he had right now and it seemed like the more he thought of her, the more everything around faded to nothing. With a brisk turn, he scanned the room and it landed on one of his most trusted companion.

"Jafar, do you think that she will be back? Do you think that she will love me once again? I do not know how to feel anymore. Ever since we departed ways, ever since that happened, I feel like there is a huge space in between us." He internally laughed at his pathetic self. Ja'far could see his loneliness and he wondered if these two star-crossed lovers would ever overcome the challenges in front of them. Both have a huge ego that could not be compared to any sea monsters out there, but he also knew that those two wanted nothing more but to feel each other's presence.

The vizir stood from his post and gave Sinbad a paper. He was confused because it was nothing, but a piece of brown, crunched paper.

"What is this for?" He asked. Ja'far told him that the letter was the specialty of Yrif, a new invention created not long ago.

"This will send your words directly to her. Just write your words and infuse your rukh. She will receive them as quickly as possible. Tell her everything, how you really feel. I know that you have been too devastated ever since that happened. Back then, we were all too naïve. We did not know when those around us would disappear and we took it for granted. This time, we will treasure them. You should make your move, Sin. We will not know until when this peace will last." He murmured the last part to himself. He, too, have experienced the loss his friend was feeling right now. Thais was also important to him, but he knew that Sinbad longed for her love, for her warmth.

'I just know that she will be his sun. Maybe, just maybe, he will also be her sun.' He thought before leaving the room.

Sinbad clutched the paper in his hands. The dials in his mind started to work yet he made no move. His thoughts jumbled around as it tried to figure out what he should write. He was nervous and that was a first to him.

'This is ridiculous. I am scared of even sending her a letter. I am such an idiot.' Suddenly, Ja'far's words echoed in his mind.

"We will not know until when peace would last, huh? This is frustrating. I don't even know what to write!" He gripped his head tightly. It dawned on him that Thais was different now and even more so than any women he handled in the past. There was one thought that made him feel insecure.

"Will I be able to have her again? Or will we move farther from each other?" He could not stand the thought of even being away from her again. She was gone once and this time, she will not escape his grasp.

'Please, let my feelings reach you.' He thought as he decided to be honest in his letter. There was no use in lying and trying to deceit her. She would find out eventually. Within half an hour, he was done. He could only hope that it will reach her.

'Dissipate this line in between us. I cannot see destiny anymore nor do I know if our path will intertwine once more, Thais!' His last words before his rukh burst at the seam as it searched for the person he longed for a long time.

In the distant land of dragons, Thais let her body feel the coldness that crept her bare body. She clutched the pebble in her hand. It was shiny, but her thoughts were filled not with its appearance, but of a certain man. Her heart was troubled and she found herself struggling. There was a bitter line in between them and no matter what she thought of it, there was no way it would fade easily unless they talk.