Scroll 14: Light in the Darkness

3rd POV

"I-Is that really you, Thais? Y-You've changed." He muttered. Thais giggled at his stuttering form. She reached for her short hair and sighed.

"I was delivered in the Room of Fortitude after I escaped the clutches of Al-Thamen. It was scary—terrifying even but enough of that. I'm here to regain what you've lost. You know, you have an intellectual child." She stated. Leonhart arched his eyebrow at her.

"Sivan came to me the first time and asked for my help. He judges people greatly and not only him, Daw also assisted us. Currently, he is collecting documents between our suspects and I want you to come with me. We will be going to the rebel's dwelling." She said. Leonhart argued with her that it was too dangerous but she defended that they had to do it or else, the lives of those who still believed in him will be at stake. He clenched his fist tightly.

"Don't hesitate, attack with what you have. Survive. That is what you should think right now. Your country is in danger partly because of your incompetence and the betrayal of your own royal delegates. I have lost my right to become this country's princess but it doesn't mean that I will give up on Yrif that we built from crumbles. You are Leonhart Demeus of Yrif. Remember that a sword holds no strength unless the hand that wields it has courage. I will be with you." She encouraged.

"You've always been in my shadows, protecting me, guiding me. You've done better than I was and I always wonder why me? Why don't you take it? Then you told me that I was your light—" She interrupted him with a tight hug.

"And you'll always be. I won't be here if it wasn't for you. You're my only family. I will always care for you." Leonhart smiled bitterly. It was supposed to be his job to be strong but Thais simply broke into his defense and opened his broken heart.

"Yeah, you're right. I've been a wimp all this time. My citizens' lives are on stake. So what have you gathered so far? I also did my own investigation."

Thais relayed every detail she had collected for the past 4 days. Leonhart noted each and every word of it. They already had the picture right. Some of the elders were revolting behind his back and the people were affected by it. In return, it was his citizens who revolted next. The elders used it as a diversion to get what they wanted. Hotaru was also part of the plan but the question was why? She should not even be part of anything out here. Leonhart signaled for Daw to which the servant obediently followed. The king asked for his assistance to know the real origin of Hotaru.

"Yes, My Lord." He disappeared within seconds. Thais continued her explanation and what they had to do. The first thing they had to settle was the conflict between him and the slum people who were driven away from the west. He nodded and they quickly went to their abode. They discreetly used the passageway towards the exit and only the royalties knew it.

About 30 minutes later, they stumbled upon an opening to which they accessed. Outside was a valley with different platforms and traps. She sighed before throwing her magic cloth upwards for them to use. They flew towards the leader's quarters, but before they could even land, a powerful slash landed on the magic cloth causing it to rip apart. Luckily, Thais and Leonhart were able to get out of the way. They were falling down from a height and they had to do something or else they were dead.

"Spirit of Truth and Secrecy, I order thee and thine to use thy magoi and cover me with your magic. Turn me into a great magus and lend me your eyes to see past lies. Come forth, Marbas!" Light enveloped her and she was surprised with the change in transformation. Instead of the normal long pants and top, she was now wearing a blue and purple layered dress covered in light diamonds, layered skirt with chains, golden ornaments on her legs, flat sandals and a teardrop ornament on her head. On her hand was a saber.