Scroll 18: Selendine's Will

It had been 3 days ever since Thais woke up and currently, Leonhart was the one doing the work while nursing her back to health. There were times where she insisted on him to focus on his work but he just could not. He was far more worried but he wanted to know who had done this. Thais could not bring herself to tell him but she knew she had to.

"Will you please tell me who had down this to you, Thais?"

"I..." She pursed her lips. The look on Leonhart's face broke her. There were dark circles on his eyes and they were bloodshot. She sighed before describing the man.

"I see. I will make sure he'll pay for what he had done."

"Don't! Just don't. You're going to die if you do that. Please." She begged. He could not understand why she suddenly stopped him but her trembling figure was enough to make him listen. Silence took over and neither of them spoke a word.

'Ose? Ronove? Should I tell him now? I want him to know and I don't think I can keep it anymore. He is my king and he deserves to know. I think Sinbad deserves as well.' She confessed. Her djinns looked at each other.

'Remember that this is your destiny. Whatever you choose, we will follow you for you are our Chosen Queen.' Both were synchronized and that brought chill down her spine. She felt new power. In her mind, she sent an apology to Ugo before taking her King's hand.

"Leon, I have something important to tell you. Have you noticed anything weird with me lately?" She asked. He looked at her in confusion before pointing out that she got more tired than ever and that there were bruises on her body long before the fight with the cloaked man. She was not surprised with his observations. He was far more observant than anybody else and he was modest about that.

"I'll tell you the truth." She did tell him everything and a bewildered look took over his face. He felt anger and betrayed that the princess was just telling him this when in truth, they should figure things out together. The emotion that stood out the most was hurt.

"Why are you only telling me this? Didn't you promised me that you will be by my side and that you will never leave me!? Didn't you say that we will solve everything together!? Why? Tell me, Thais!" She froze on her bed. Tears were evident on her eyes for it was the first time that Leonhart really yelled at her.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to leave you. I don't want to but I have to. I..." The dam broke down. Leonhart saw how broken she was and he knew that his harshness pressured her. He did what he had to do to calm her down.

"I'm here. We're going to go through this together." She clenched his shirt tightly, clinging as if he was her lifeline. The king saw this and hugged her tightly. She may belong to Sinbad now but it did not mean that he could not love her all the same. He slowly felt her lose consciousness so he laid her back down the bed. He returned to his office once again and wrote a letter to Sindria Trading Company. It would be better if Sinbad will assure her but he was not sure whether Thais will tell him everything.

"Daw. I want you to do me a favor." He said to nobody. Just then, a shadow dropped from his window appeared. Seated on the edge was his household member, Daw.

"Understood, my Lord."

Sindria Trading Company

Judal trained Selendine to the bones where she could not properly stand up anymore. Her energy was more depleted than she thought. She wondered how were the others able to draw the power of their djinns easily.

"What? Is that it? How boring. You can't even draw out the real power of a metal vessel like that." Judal whined. Selendine growled under her breath before standing up shakily. She was on the edge of collapsing but she was not one to give up.