Scroll 17: Shadows Within

We were able to talk to Barbarossa regarding what happened the past months on my country. My glare seemed to brought amusement to him rather than fear or another thing. It kinda ticked me off. At the end of our talk, Barbarossa just pointed out that we were enemies at first and we had to stop ourselves from lunging at him. What he did was that he will simply 'scold' them for what had been done.

'Insolent fool of shit!' Ose cursed. I also wanted to curse at him but stopped due to the rumors I heard.

"We thank you for your cooperation, Barbarossa. We shall get going."

"You're welcome, King Leonhart and of course, Lady Thais. We would like to give more but as you can see, my country has been recovering. I best see you soon. Will you be staying in the country?" He asked. Leonhart quickly told him that we needed to leave as early as possible due to some urgent matters at hand. The truth was we did not really want to stay here in his borders. Plus, we still need to make sure that he comply with his words.

It was night time in the ship and I really could not sleep well. I pursed my lips tightly and felt the pain in my arms strengthen. The bruises were still evident even if I put on some cream to ease it. Deciding that I need to get some fresh air, I jumped out of my bed and put on my cloak. Everyone was still sleeping and it was the perfect time for me to just float in my own thoughts. Ose and Ronove did not bother me as well. I thought it will be a perfect night until I felt my body be pulled. Every nerves on my body were paralyzed that I could not even move an inch.

'What the hell is happening?! Ose? Ronove!?' I thought. I did not hear any reply. A chuckle from behind caught me off guard. My body was willed to face him and what I saw was a man with black clothing, green hair, a black staff and a mask on his face.

"Having a good night, Princess Thais?" He mocked. I glared at him. I wanted to curse at his face but I was more curious at who he was. He noticed my wish to speak and so, he snapped his fingers. My body felt lighter and I was able to speak again.

"Who are you!? What do you want with me and who the hell wears all black?" Yeah, I asked a pretty stupid question. Don't blame me, I was just really curious. He smirked before bowing down to introduce himself. How did I know he was a guy? His voice gave it away.

"I am Ithnan. They were right to tell me that you have a special rukh within you. How amusing." He tipped my chin up and lick my cheek. I cringed in disgust. He laughed at my expression as I tried to get away from him.

"You don't want that now do you? Or else, you'll fall to that cold sea down there." He threatened. I was well aware but I did not want to be near this creep! I wriggled out and he released me. I fell down and quickly called for Ose.

"Ose!" I felt his power envelope and I looked down to see myself in djinn equip. Ithnan mused at this and quickly attacked me. I was not ready that I was pushed down even further. No matter what he said, I ended up colliding with the water. Gasping for water, I quickly swam to the surface and flew up to return his attack. He was taken aback by the fiery wind to which I took advantage of. I kicked him on his back and he skid down the water. I was still surprised that Leonhart and the others did not wake up from the sound. I was pretty sure that we were so loud.

"You must be wondering why they weren't alerted. Am I right?" He smirked. I glared at him before he told me that before coming here, a member of their organization silenced the place with magic. My eyes widened. I had not heard of that type of magic ever since and it interested me quite a bit.

"I see but what is it that you want from me?"

"Your rukh. Be a part of our organization and obtain true happiness. We will bring destruction to this world and stop this so called destiny. We will no longer be imprisoned by this atrocity and with our Father, we shall destroy this world. Do you know the story of that 'other' world?" He asked me. I knew what it was. He continued on his babbling and to be honest, it irked me a bit.