Scroll 21: Broken Mirror

Demeus heard that Sheba had already returned last week but did not have the time to return and see her. She called for the rukh once again to aid her. Final touches were given to the item she created to help Solomon. She did not know when he will need it but for now, she will have it ready.

It took weeks before she could get back to the Resistance Base. She put in her pouch the charm she made and hopefully, she could easily give it to him. Well, she came up at the wrong time. There had been an internal discord among the other species, and Sheba and the others were having a hard time helping them out. Most were too stubborn to accept the other species while some were just hostile to them for no reason.

"Drive out the centaurs!"

"Drive out the berserks!"

Various insults flew out of their mouths and Demeus could instantly taste the darkness in their hearts. It was full of hatred and distrust. Solomon expelled some magicians and were put into isolation barriers. To say that they were surprised of his judgment was an understatement. They were outraged by his audacity. In order to turn the tables around, one of the magicians accused Solomon of being a part of David.

"He releases you from the imprisonment he set up himself in order to obtain support from various tribes. Now, after 300 years, he wants to solely rule over you. Isn't that right?" He taunted. Gasps erupted from everybody. Sheba could not help herself but be angry at their accusations. Demeus was saddened by their evil thoughts. They worked hard to form such bonds with every being in the world and yet, they were the one who breaks it.

"Why is this happening? Just when everybody was getting along so well." She whispered. The other species started to doubt Solomon by then. Just then, a harsh wind stopped their chattering. It was Sheba and she was not delighted with their actions.

"The restriction barrier is gone." The leopard species muttered. Sheba looked at them straight in the eye and told them to kill them. They were frozen in their place. Their ears could not believe that Lady Sheba just suggested something so preposterous. 

"What's wrong? You don't trust him right?" She uttered with no apparent sympathy in her tone.

"What the hell are you thinking? Has Solomon ever been a cruel king to you!? Didn't he say that we should live equally!? You can't trust the kindness of someone stronger than you because you have a weak heart!" She shouted. The others were enraged by her outburst but it could not be denied that her words hit the core. Demeus flew towards the other species and places her hands in their heads.

"You have to understand that in order to live a peaceful life, you must trust that kindness you all carefully built. You may not know it but your heart and mind are in conflict. If you did what Sheba said awhile ago, then that proves that you have a weak heart because you cannot accept that someone stronger is willing to help you. If that is so, then the world will be full of enemies at this point." She said with a sad smile. Sheba teared up at her words. She knew that Demeus would surely understand her.

"Try to bring out your courage! I'm sure that you will realize that we are not different from each other. I'm not scared of other bigger and stronger species because I know that everyone wants to live together with their families and loved ones without conflict. That's why I believe in him." Sheba beamed. With a smile that rivaled the sun, she told them words that will be forever etched in their hearts and minds.

"If there is somebody here who has forgotten what he has done and is sill suspicious of him, come and stand in front of me!" Solomon's eyes glazed at her words. Sheba was not the girl he knew long ago. She grew up already.

'I'm glad that everything is starting to get brighter than ever before.' Demeus smiled. She flew towards Solomon and gave him a little gift.