Scroll 16: Towards Sindria

"That sure is quite a handful. I do think that you can help him with the meeting. I'm sure that Leon has made it clear, for that past few days that is, that he still loves you. Don't worry too much, Hotaru." Thais assured her friend who was on the verge of tears.

"But I can't help it. I did terrible things to the country and—" She was stopped by reassuring hands on her shoulders.

"So that's what got you so distant and flustered. Don't worry about that. What you did was not you entirely but the elder. Sivan misses you, you know. He told me that you don't smile and laugh like you used to." A voice commented behind them. It was her husband, Leonhart. Thais grinned at the two before leaving. She could feel that those two needed some time alone—maybe for some lovey dovey act.

Exiting the palace, she was tackled down by her companions. What surprised her was the letter in Luna's mouth. She grabbed it and read its content. As expected, it was Kouen who ordered her to go to Sindria. Her eyes widened at the sudden request until she learned that his step-brother was going to be there for education purposes.

"Educational purposes? That can't be right?" Kaein commented. Luna nodded as well which made Thais sweatdrop at their actions. It looked like none of them could believe him. At the end of the letter, Kouen noted to take care of his little brother no matter what she discovers about him.

"It sounds like these brothers are not on good terms, don't you think?" Luna asked. Thais agreed before accepting his request. It looked like they have to go and meet him sooner that she thought.

"I'm quite scared to face the King of Sindria. It's been years and you know what happened to me." She whispered. Luna and Kaein assured her that everything will work out. They were also unsure but they had to believe on the positive side for now. The white haired conqueror closed her eyes and gave them a smile.

"You are right. I-I have to face him sooner or later anyway. I bet he was already confirming it with Aladdin. That kid could never lie but that magi sure helped me a lot of times while I'm in that room. Shall we go training like usual?" She inquired. The two Arjwani laughed and gave her challenging smirks.

"You're on."

Next Day
Royal Gardens

Thais met us with Hotaru and Leonhart to say her goodbyes. She wanted it to be abrupt and without too much commotion. The Queen teared up for her leaving so suddenly. Leonhart asked for the reason. She could not tell them that she affiliated herself with the Kou Empire. Instead of the complete truth, she told half of it.

"There are still too many things I have to do, Leon. When I left the Sacred Palace, I was given a task to take care of a certain Magi. He's still too young but he is wise enough. I want to see how he fares now and maybe, I can see him as well." She confessed.

"By him, do you mean Sinbad?" Thais flushed at his name and nodded meekly. Leonhart sighed at her attitude before patting her head.

"I'm worried that he might break your heart with all the rumors going around." He said. Hotaru raised her eyebrow in question. She asked if they mean the High King Sinbad. They nodded and she gushed at how they knew him.

"I was—am his lover but something happened 14 years ago. Wait—or was it 15? Anyways, I'm afraid to face him but I cannot escape fate now can I?" They shook their heads. The white haired conqueror called for her magic cloth and bid them farewell but not before hearing a cry. She looked back to see Sivan.

"Auntie! Don't go! I will miss you! Stay here, please!" He pleaded. Thais steeled herself and called back.

"When you grow older, kid! Maybe we could have adventures together! Be strong and steel your will! I'll see you soon." With that, they sped up and directed themselves towards Sindria.