Scroll 22: Future that Awaits Us

Solomon and the others returned in the nick of time. Sweat enveloped their bodies as they swiftly scanned the area for any survivors. Falan desperately looked around for her child until she noticed a burnt child whispering words of anguish and pain. She knew that this was her child.

"Tess!! No!" She cradled his head and whispered nothing but soothing words. Wahid dropped to his knees at the sight of his dead son. His only blood was dead amongst the others. Ithnan glances around for his brother but he, too, was devastated to know that he was gone. Ugo, Sheba, Solomon and Arba could not fathom the pain they all felt. The feeling of knowing that nobody will welcome you home anymore was truly tearful. However, Solomon did not want to wail for their loss. Right now, they need to survive and live for them.

"Everyone. We need to catch David immediately. If we leave him alone, more of our comrades will die in his hands." He uttered. Arba asked where they could find him and he assured them that the elder might still be in the cathedral. They were about to get ready when a flash of light zoomed through the air. In front of them was Elder David and the believers themselves. Solomon gritted his teeth in anger before lashing out to his father.

"David!! Why did you attack our base!? You shouldn't even had the reason to leave the cathedral and kill them." He seethed.

"I have but only two reasons. They were sacrifice for today's event. It is Ill Ilah's Anniversary, have you forgotten? It is our duty to offer a massive amount of magoi to him. Second is because of this young woman with me." He motioned for a crystal to be brought forth. Incased in it was the body of Demeus. Solomon and the others gasped at the sight.

"D-Demeus... What have you done to her!?" Ithnan asked. David roared in laughter. He told them that she was already dead and will be a great offering to their father. He also told them that she will always belong to him. Ugo and Arba were angered by his presumptions.

"How you could you do that to them!?" Solomon asked. He just smirked and continued to provoke them. Ithnan was beyond livid.

"I will fucking kill you! Ramz Al-Salos!" From their, the battle commenced once more. With one swish of David's staff, he was able to shake their faith. That was not his original goal though. It was to be one with god. David and Solomon has their one last fight before he gave his staff to him and disappeared without a trace. Demeus' corpse was nowhere to be found as well and they all thought that David took her with him.

Several days later, Solomon finally woke up after collapsing. Sheba stayed by his side and rarely left him. The others wallowed in their pain and suffering. Solomon reaches for David's staff and told them that there was still something they had to do. He quickly fetched Ugo and Arba despite his weakened body. The charm that Demeus created hang by his neck and he clenched it tightly as if to assure that what he was doing was right. He led them to the Great Hall and brought the staff down. The world around them distorted and they were delivered to Ill Ilah. Demeus' charm glowed and her spirit materialized with the help of the rukh. The others could not believe what they were seeing especially Ugo. He reached out his hands to touch her.

"D-Demeus? Is that really you?" He whispered. She smiled and reached out to touch his face but it passed through him. The fifty year old magician clenched his hands tightly in frustration, knowing that his friend was dead by the hands of his former master.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I could not protect you." She shook her head and led them to the center. Solomon tried to talk to her but she just smiled and showed them Ill Ilah. From then on, they understood destiny. It pained them to know that they were nothing but a bunch of puppet in the hands of god. Some accepted it while some detested the truth. Solomon, without their consent, decided that he will change it. They will no longer be controlled by this god. Arba was against it but Demeus stopped her. It was Solomon's fate to be one with the rukh. With this also, she will be able to be one with the the path.