Scroll 20: Broken Time

Demeus never truly remembered when she met David. Only bits could be recalled from her hazy memory. It must have been that summer when she was thrown out of her tribe. She was the only Demeus disowned by them. It was a huge blow to her ego. The only place she could call home that time was the Church.

"I guess this is where these freak powers should go. It was never a blessing and I could never see it as such." She murmured to herself as tears prickled her eyes. She refused to show weakness and held them all in until a voice from behind uttered words she never thought she would hear in this cruel reality.

"Weakness is what makes one human. Plus, whatever your magic is, Ilah gave it to you because He knows that you are responsible enough to handle it. Am I not right?" A young man in his early 20s smirked. She blushed at those words before nodding her head. He was right.

"Big words, fella, but you are right. Maybe I just have to embrace what I have been given. Well, I'm Demeus. You are?"

"David. It's nice to meet you, Demeus." From that day on, Demeus and David would often go and talk to each other. It was no surprise when David started to pursue her. She was in cloud nine and a constant feeling of butterflies on her stomach tickled her. She relinquished the fear of her powers, and instead learned to utilize it to its fullest.

"Kharm!" The target was pierced and the accuracy was dead on. David smirked at the display of power before showing his own which amazed the young woman. Demeus fell in love with him more, but a constant feeling of fear knocked on her mind. It was that one night when she decided to use her powers.

"Rukh. I order thee thine to hear thy words. Relay your message." A rush of fluttering yellowish white birds/butterfly-like creature surged through the air. Whispers could be heard and Demeus felt like she was drowning in their sounds. A drop of water echoed through her head and a bright light spoke at her.

"Deep in the man's heart lies darkness that seeks to satiate its curiosity. One may prevail to ignore but one cannot simply deny the existence of the unknown. Dear, you have the power that can see past the lies and darkness. Use this and guide the lost souls. However, I do warn you of someone in your life who is about to take a great step in discovering and losing himself at the same time. Will you save him or save the world? Choose wisely for every second counts." The platform she was standing on suddenly collapsed and should could feel herself fall down the never-ending water until the darkness faded. She was back in her room.

"Is David really such man?" She clutched her dress and opened her palm which had a long scar. It was from long ago when she was initiated. It was supposed to be a sign of trust in her tribe but was casted out anyway. This time, she will see it with her own eyes, disregarding every feelings she have for him. She will be the judge.

David was in his office writing down plans for the world. The construction of ganuds were going well and by the end of the year, he would have them working. He also have plans for his son. The kid that he did not let Demeus know. They were pawns in his game after all.

Just then, a knock came and it was Demeus. She seemed a little different than before but David mistook it as tiredness considering that there had been bags in her eyes. He asked what she wanted and Demeus told him that she needed to see Uraltugo. Having no problem with it, he let the woman.

"Just be back before the night falls."

"Of course." She replied. Demeus let her eyes glow a little before leaving a smear of her blood on the floor. This will become her magic surveillance. Something that she kept hidden for years.