Scroll 6: Tower of Feelings

Parthevia Coastal Cliff
Thais' POV

It had been years since I visited this place. This was the place that I longed to see again after Sinbad brought me back to Parthevia. He told me that his mother and father would often let him come to the cliff especially during sunset since the view of the sea was something to see. The wind blew passed me and I could feel the breeze caressed me.

"Hey, Thais! How long are we going to stay in this village? Please do remember that we did not rent any place here. Plus, I don't see any inns. What are your plans?" Kouha asked behind me. I glanced back at him and told him that we will be returning to the capital after sunset. It was just half an hour from our location anyway. He nodded and left me be for awhile.

I sat down and stared at the horizon. The sky was a strange combination of blue, orange, purple and pink. My eyes glazed over as I remembered my conversation with Azami. She told me that she will not be able to help me anymore considering because there was a disturbance in the Sacred Palace. However, she assured me that she will still try. She mused that there was no way she would miss on the battle of time. It was nice to know that I still had a backup.

Sighing, I reached up to the sky and stared at my hands. It had aged and I could not believe that I was finally in my early 30s. Bah! It was no time for reminiscing things. I was still younger than Sinbad though.

The Great Rift
Southern Coast
Northern Tip of Dark Continent

A black haired woman descended from the sky as she examined the land below. Her eyes stopped at the sight of the blonde magi. He stood with regal and power.

"I've come for Aladdin and Thais. They are both here in the Dark Continent and you are in my way, Yunan. Thanks to your tricks,the bottom of the Great Rift became a dark maze with no exit. It took me a while to break out of there. Tell me, why do you stand in my way?" She asked. Yunan smiled and merely informed her that he was the guardian of the valley. Arba found it ridiculous that an empty shell like him dared to stand in her way after giving up on choosing a king. The said magi did not deny it, but he countered it with both of them being past their sell-by dates.

"Don't you feel ashamed that you are hindering a group of young children?" He pointed. Arba hissed in anger. She hated the fact that he was right, but she hated it even more that she could still hear its voice.

"I won't listen to the words of Solomon's puppet." She managed to say in anger.

"I'm no puppet. I chose Sinbad on my own free will. So, I won't lose to you." The atmosphere intensified as they both released their power. The earth cracked beneath them as it tried to hold its form. Arba was the first one to attack by manipulating her borg. Yunan slid away from her and created a barrier of his own using alchemy. It was a sturdy wall, but not strong enough to withstand her attacks. He disappeared from her sight before trying to attack her from behind. She was struck by his speed but not until she realized that it was her who was slowing down. It looked like he was manipulating the air of the Dark Continent. Arba smugly looked at him before releasing a strong magic to startle the magi.

"You only use defensive and support magic! You gave up on your king, the world and allowed your fangs to dull at the bottom of that valley. You cannot defeat me!" She declared. Yunan glared at her but smiled later on after using a lightning magic.

"You think my fangs have grown dull? Let me show you." His voice was chilling to hear. His eyes showed amusement. They fought against each other by using both lightning and strength magic. Yunan imitated Sinbad's magic which, weirdly, brought ecstasy to the black mage. He thought that she was finally dead. It was proven wrong after she rose from her stunned position with scorched body. Despite her body being beyond recognition, she still had some fight left within.