Scroll 8: Sinbad's Mistake

"I spoke with the Mariadel Company. As of today, all the Sindrian Company's debts are being taken care of." Sinbad announced to his workers. Thais glanced at him worriedly. His underlings cheered at Sinbad's work while Vittel cried in happiness at the good news.

"Looks like everyone's energy is back. They really didn't want to lose Sindria Company. It's like our home." Hinahoho voiced out. Thais let out a sigh. Sinbad noticed her troubled face.

"Is there something wrong, Thais?"

"N-Nothing. Is that Ja'far? And what's with the huge bag?" They turned to see the white haired trader holding down a heavy backpack behind him. He dropped it down and told Sinbad that he was going with him. It startled him but he asked what Ja'far would do about his work.

"I'll ask Thais to pitch in for me."

"What!? I haven't heard any of this!" Thais exclaimed.

"That's because I'm going ask you now. Please help us, Thais." She sweatdropped but nodded nonetheless. It was the least she could do.

"Fine but I want you two to be careful out there, got it?" He cheered at that while Hinahoho just patted her shoulder in sympathy. Ja'far turned to Sinbad and grinned at him.

"There you have it. This whole incident happened because I wasn't paying close attention to what the others are saying. You entered the enemy territory alone and accepted a ridiculous request. Just what do you think you're going to do if it's a trap!? You're such an egoistical jerk. Think about how the others feel around you!" He scolded Sinbad. Thais smiled softly at the two. Ja'far really cared for him. Sinbad, on the other hand, smiled at his concern. He was happy with the change invoked on the white haired kid.

"Thanks, Ja'far."

At the end of their argument, Ja'far and Sinbad would be going together to meet Madaura's condition. Just then, they heard another familiar voice behind them.

"Hmph. You have the devil's luck as always, Sinbad." They turned around to see Princess Selendine. She looked clean and proper now unlike when they first arrived. Thais greeted her and she returned it with a smile. Her smile turned to a scowl when she met Sinbad's face.

"To be kidnapped by a business rival, moreover a female trader, isn't that like you and your company? With that lewd look on your face, she must have seduced you too. How deplorable, where is the humility of the company in that?" She asked. Thais laughed nervously at her accusation. She made it sound like he will be going there to have some fun with her.

"I don't think that's really what Sinbad wants, Selen." Thais tried to help him. However, the princess did not listen to her. Suddenly, Sinbad walked towards her and put a hand beside her head. She was now trapped behind a wall and his body.

"Young lady... You... Are you jealous? How nice. Even though you say you hate me, you still let me see that cute side of you?" Sinbad teased. Selendine blushed at their intimate position and that caused pain in Thais' chest.

'W-What is wrong with me?' Unconsciously, she clutched her skirt tightly. Unknown to her, Ja'far noticed it. Sinbad picked up a leaf on her hair and and smiled at her.

"There's a leaf on your hair. Hmm? I wonder how long you've been waiting for me. I'm happy that you're worried but don't let yourself catch a cold. Don't worry, we'll meet again. After all, I've got you, the Victory Goddess on my side." He walked away which made Selendine flush in embarrassment.

The pain in Thais' chest increased as she heard every word that escaped his lips. She did not know why and it confused her to no end. She glanced at Selen who had a vulnerable look on her face.