Scroll 1: Battle of Destiny

North
3rd POV

"ACHOO!" A woman sneezed as she held her clothes tighter. The cloak around the north was not enough to protect her from the storm that got in their way. Glancing behind her, she saw her companion hold his staff tightly. It was not a staff per say, but rather an ordinary stick he found lying on the road.

"Tell me again why I have to go with you when I could stay in your cozy place in front of the fireplace?" She asked annoyed. The man behind her gave a nervous chuckle and explained their goal once more.

"We need to find two certain jewels? Each held by a guardian?" She arched her eyebrow in confusion at that. There was no way that jewels could hold power unless infused by a magician or djinn. She huffed out loud at that and used her powers to 'calm' the storm. Doing it meant delivering it to another part of the area so you really could not call that calming.

Finally reaching the mountains they hiked, they saw a temple was erected on it. They looked at each other before entering what they thought was its resting place. Inside was a huge room created out of silver walls. Frozen vines climbed its way to the front where a stone table lied. Above the said table was a book with mirror. She felt a swirling combination of magic behind it.

"This must be it but I don't see the jewels anywhere." The man muttered. She levitated the book and forcefully opened it.

"Fath." A yellowish glow appeared on her hand and the book's pages turned. Words flew out of it as they marveled at its meaning.

"Let's see here." She reached out to her parchment and wrote down the words she could decipher. They were old and a little difficult to understand.

وضمن هذا الكتاب،
الأسرار في الجليد،
سلطته ترتفع،
الزمان والمكان متنكران.
تحدث هذه الكلمة،
معركة مصير تتكشف،
اسمعني.

"I think I got what this means. Within this book it lies, the secrets in ice. His power rises as the time and space disguises. Speak this word, the battle of destiny unfolds. Hear me. That was what it meant but we have to figure out the word and—" She was interrupted when he suddenly spoke the word.

"Masir." The book flamed up and the once cold temple became extremely hot as flames danced around their bodies. A touch scorched her arm, but luckily, it did not cause too much damage. Her friend smiled and they were sucked by a vortex. Their destination was not that of beautiful paradise but of hell. With a quick wave of her hand, a swarm of fluttering birds came into their rescue.

"Snap out of it, idiot." She knocked his head upside down and it brought him back to his senses. He was confused at their location and she explained to him what happened. He was taken aback by that since all that he could remember was a soft voice telling him to utter the word 'masir'.

'We are inside a familiar place, are we not?' She thought to herself. A chuckle reverberated inside her mind as if to answer her question.

'You are definitely right, Milady. How about we conquer your next power?' That brought fire to her eyes. She was once lost but now, she will fight for her destiny. It was once taken away but she snipped the strings long before.

"Lend me a hand here. We're in hell and I really do not like being pulled so suddenly by that stunt of yours." She complained.

"No need to be so sour. I know where we are and may the best conqueror wins." They both grinned competitively.

Scanning the area, there was a river of lava and screaming souls. She took hold of her dagger for any possible danger as the man beside her did the same. They were both alerted by the sound of hooves running towards them. What they saw was not some ordinary monster but rather a creature with a bull head and a body of bulky man holding two axes. He attacked them but they dodged and slashed his back. The monster roared in pain, but the wound healed quickly.