Scroll 4: In the Meantime

Thais was not the only one with her adventures going on. Her friends also had their own travels.

Aladdin

Aladdin was sent to the Kouga Clan where he learned the meaning of his own existence, family and of course, the rukh that connects everyone to each other. Along the way, he met Hakuei who is an Imperial Princess and Warrior. She was true to her words but one peculiar thing about her was her determination to subjugate the clan for their safety. Maybe that was one reason why her djinn picked her as its king.

There had been some complications during her visit but the turn of events eventually favored her. Baba-sama, who took care of Aladdin during his stay, died of bleeding to death. They mourned for their beloved mother.

"Aladdin? What are you doing here at the back all alone?" Baba-sama asked with a smile. Aladdin bitterly smiled.

"You died didn't you, Grandma? They're all crying you know. They loved you so much." Baba-sama laughed at his response and asked him his feelings. Of course, he was also saddened but for him, these people held stronger feelings than him. Baba-sama shook her head and let Aladdin see the string that connected everyone.

"The blood that connects everyone, that is the rukh. You are the one beloved by the Rukh. You who lives beside people. So you're not alone. Okay?" Soon, her rukh returned to the flow. Aladdin teared up at that realization.

"Grandma."

On the other hand, Hakuei returned to their base. However, she was stopped by Ryosai, one of her soldier. He planned to eliminate the princess through the Kouga Clan but failed. He wanted nothing more than to lead an army but his dream was drowned down by Hakuei. They attacked her but she stopped it with her metal vessel.

"Spirit of Maniacal Love and Chaos, embody me. Transform me into a demonic god, Paimon!" They fought through their enemies but it looked like she was about to lose all magoi. She had to do something so she finished them with one attack.

"Magul Alhazard!" The wind blew fiercely but that cost a huge amount of magoi. Just when she thought that Ryosai was gone, he appeared with another batch of soldiers. Hakuei was captured. She tried to fight him, but arrows pierced her. Blood flowed profusely and when Ryosai was about to kill her, Aladdin came.

"Harl Harl Infigar!"

Flame burst out from the flute which killed most of the soldiers. Ugo slammed the traitors down. Hakuei was astonished at the display of djinn and rukh. She asked who he was.

"I am a magi."

"Magi?" Just then, her metal vessel glowed and Aladdin asked if he could touch it. Given the permission, the magi touched it and a huge female djinn came out. She, too, was surprised since it required a huge amount of magoi to summon one out. After her mild introduction, Ugo came out. She teased the male giant with a simple touch and it looked like Ugo begged her to stop. Again, like Amon, they talked nonverbally.

"I see. I understand the situation now. Something strange is happening in the world. But that makes no difference to me. My only task is to help Hakuei, whom I've fallen for as a worthy King's Candidate. That's the reason I was created." Paimon excused. Aladdin wondered what she meant. The djinn explained that she was also chosen by the magi.