Chapter 19: Chandler (1/3)

It wasn't the nicest place - Jade's dealer's house; there was green carpet that was run amuck with stains, the walls were cream and bare, and the couch Violet was resting on was lumpy and misshapen, and the leather was torn and used. The music they played made Violet feel calm, though. So she wasn't too involved with the scene happening around her. She was in her own world, her thoughts were on repeat; just snort the powder they keep giving her, smoke the joints they pass around, and stomach down the occasional shot of vodka. Simple.

A shaggy-haired brunette with glazed over eyes stared at Violet from the kitchen; which was in the same room as the living room, but was separated by the L-shaped kitchen counter.

"Hey, Jade." He whispered, eyes slowly drifting from Violet to Jade and then back to Violet, continuously. "I think your friend is a little lonely. "

Jade looked over at Violet, pity filling her. "Alright, alright." Jade walked over, sitting down next to a wide-eyed Violet. "Hey, Hun." She said, putting her arm around her. "How are you holding up?"

Violet went to nod slowly, but stopped. Her fingers started to twitch, and her heart rate started increasing.

"Hey, Violet?" Jade asked, pulling Violet's head to look her in the eyes. "Alright - you're coming down from the coke high." Jade took a deep breath. "This is going to suck. But, I will give you some Advil or something, it will help. That and the weed, no more though." She emphasized the w and added an h when she said, breathy almost. Jade said she did it because it made her feel more eloquent. "It will help knock off some of the come down." Jade smiled at Violet, pinching her cheeks.

Violet stared at the small joint being held out towards her as Jade pushed it back into the hand of the person holding it. Her head was pounding and she started to sweat profusely. She couldn't think straight, she was swaying from side to side and her head was cloudy.

She needed more coke. Not a lot, though, just enough to help with this feeling until it was gone.

Violet tried to tell Jade how awful she was feeling, and that she wanted more to not feel this way, but Violet couldn't speak. Her mind couldn't connect words with her thoughts, and even her thoughts were hazy and strewn around.

"Babe" Jade said, sensing Violet's craving for another line. "We have no more. Here, let me help you." Jade got up and walked down the hall for a minute, then her friend, Jake, appeared with a small green bong. Violet stared at it, her mouth becoming dry.