Chapter 11: Ambushed (2/3)

"Just you and me?" Violet asked, holding her cell phone between her cheek and shoulder.

"Just you and me." Emily confirmed, "Like when we were younger."

Hanging out with Emily sounded pretty tempting, especially with what has been going on.

"See you around 5 at the ice cream shop?" Emily asked, a hint of hope lined her words.

"4:30."

"Deal."

Emily, of course, didn't get there until 5 anyways.

"Fashionably Late." She calls it, applying another layer of lipstick before closing her pocket mirror and setting her purse on the table.

"It worked!" Violet almost got whiplash from turning her head so quickly. Joe ran towards her, grinning. "Emily you did it!"

"Did what?" Violet asked, turning towards Emily. "What's happening?!"

"Surprise!" Alex said, bounding towards them.

"Emily had the idea to get us all together!" Jason said, coming out from inside the shop.

Violet stared at Emily, fuming.

"What?" Emily asked, furrowing her brows. "I did you a favor." Violet was silent. "You're welcome."

Violet had to admit, she was grateful. In a twisted, secretive sort of way. She really did miss Joe and Jason's company. It just wasn't the same without them.

"Eric won't get mad if he doesn't know!" Joe said, hugging Violet.

"Picture?" Emily asked, turning her phone towards all of them. "Say cheese!"