Chapter 18: Baking Soda and Rubbing Alcohol (1/3)

"Look." She said, her voice cracked and begged to be silenced. "Please. Don't make me say it again. MY DAUGHTER IS GONE!" Margaret was shaking, her bloodshot eyes made the officers shift uncomfortably.

"Ma'am" The female officer started slowly, her blue eyes made her blonde hair brighter. "We just need you to tell us what was going on the day she went missing."

"OH my god..." She said, rubbing the bridge of her nose with there thumb and index finger.

"When did you last see her?"

"Three days ago on Thursday."

"Around what time?"

"The last time I checked my watch while talking with my daughter was in the morning."

"So, before she went to school? At home?"

"Yes. Well, no."

"No?"

"Later that day I was called in to her school because apparently she has been missing school."

"And who called you in?"

"Mr. Bachelor."

"We'll need his contact information, please."

"Sure" She said, waving a hand dissuasively. "Whatever you need."

"What was she last wearing?"

"A... uh..." Margaret stuttered, racking her brain to remember. "A grey zip up jacket that is uh.. OH you know, the short ones."

"A quarter jacket?" The brunette officer asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes! And black pants, and white shoes."

The brunette wrote down Margaret's description, while the blonde continued. "Okay... Is there anyone you can think she would be with? Any friends, or family?"

Margaret shook her head. "No... Alex, maybe."

"And who's Alex?"

"She's one of her friends. They just had a fight, though, so I don't know if-"

There was static from both officers walkie talkies as a voice cut off Margaret,"-All units available, 901H we have a 20F at Honey Harbor and Cider Circle. Repeat, all units available, 901H we have a 2F, over."

"Alright, Mrs. McNeal, we will need her contact information as well and we will be in touch with any information we can gather."

She walked them to the door, opening it for them. "Please." Margaret uttered, stopping them on the porch. "Bring my baby home safe." She whispered, tears brimming her eyes at the thought of Violet all alone and scared. Margaret needed to do something to get her mind off of this. Anything.

"Honey?" She asked, turning around and walking thoughtfully towards her husband. "Where are the garden clippers? I want to do some hedge trimming."