Chapter 4: Run (1/2)

"Honey, you look like a blob of chocolate." Margaret stated, completely blown away by the fact Violet could still fit into her sloth onesie from 7th grade.

"Good thing chocolate is delicious!" Violet said.

"Remind me again why you're doing this?" Her father asked, not once looking away from the tv. "Seems sort of ridiculous - you're all four of you almost adults."

"Well." She said, putting her hands on her hips. "If adults are boring like you then maybe I don't want to be one."

"My cute baby has turned into a cute sloth..." Eric looked Violet up and down, holding his hands behind his back while walking through the front door. "...And I am not too sure if I like it or not."

"Hush up" she said, walking up and kissing him. "This is not for you - it is for Joe. We're having a sleepover tonight."

"Oh..." Eric said, he pursed his lips and clenched his teeth. "I thought we were having date night tonight? "

Violet tried to rack her brain. "I don't think we planned that."

Eric pulled out a puzzle from behind his back. "Surprise...?"

"Eric..." Violet grabbed the puzzle - on the box was a red headed fairy, sitting on a leaf. Her hair blowing in the wind while she was watching two koi fish circle each other in a pond. "This looks lovely." She said.

"Great!" He said, grabbing it back. "I'll go set it up-"

"For" Violet stopped him. "Another time. It is lovely, but for another time."

"Are you serious?" Eric said, walking back towards her. "I haven't seen you all day-"

"I'm sorry. I've been busy."

"With?"

"Stuff."

"It's fine." Eric said, taking a deep breath in. "It's fine." It sounded like he was reassuring himself more than Violet. "I can just stay here and... do the puzzle with your family, I guess."

"Yay!" Samantha came rushing down the stairs. "Eric's here! Eric's here!"

"Quiet down, Samantha." Margaret said, walking into the living room. "Hello Eric" She said, hugging him.

"Come see my dollies!" Samantha pulled Eric up the stairs, he looked back and waved at Violet, who was laughing. 

————————

Hey guys - just a quick reminder to comment with any questions or concerns, vote on this book, feel free to follow or send me a quick message! And, as always, stay tuned for the next chapter!! <3 <3 <3