Chapter 1: Led By Flowers... (2/2)

Violet sat on her front steps, flipping through photos on her phone. They had plenty of memories; at the beach, the carnival, road trips, camping trips, dates; it should have been easy. Four years they have been together. Both of their High School careers have been wrapped around each other and he forgets their anniversary?

Was there someone else?

No. He wouldn't do that to Violet. To anyone. He was too sweet.

As if reading her mind, his truck pulled up. He came to check on her.

See? She thought, assuring herself. Too sweet.

He smiled as he exited the car, "Have you been sitting out here the whole time?" he asked, looking a little crestfallen.

Violet didn't look him in the eyes, "Why are you here?"

He smiled, walking up and kissing her. "go inside."

She hadn't realized she had been crying until now. She wiped her nose with her sleeve and stared at the ground for a couple seconds before walking inside.

The lights were dim as she walked through the hallway, pedals covered the floor as soft music played. She slowly turned in the corner into the living room. Disbelief clouded her features as the room was purely lit in candles, her small coffee table was covered in a bed sheet, sloppily sewn into the sheet was printed out pictures of them. Two candles were at opposite ends of the table; illuminating a glass of water, two bowls of noodles, and a piece of buttered bread for each of them.

Eric came up behind Violet, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her torso against him, "I still have no idea how to cook." She laughed. "But I would never forget something this special to me - to us." He kissed her on the cheek and led her to the table, pulling out the pillow he was substituting for seats, "My lady." He said, gesturing to it.

He helped her sit down and then crossed the table and sat down, "Eric..." she looked at all the pictures he had sewn to the sheet, "I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything." He said, smiling at her and lifting up his spoonful of soup, "dig in".