Chapter 16: A Stranger (1/3)

No one knew what took over in those mere couple of seconds; maybe it was the way Eric was insinuating things that would never happen, maybe it was how Eric wasn't listening to Violet or how he was shouting. Either way, the sound of skin against skin resonated throughout the quiet neighborhood, some dogs started barking off in the distance.

Violet's head twisted to the side, she grabbed her cheek and looked back up at her attacker.

"You really think he loves you?" Alex asked, her eyes were not the hue of care that Violet found comfort in. Alex wrapped her arms around Eric, staring down at Violet.

"What...?" Violet began, but was abruptly caught off as her head was wrenched up by her hair. Blood started to soak her clothes as her body was being jerked and dragged across the ground.

There was a swift kick from Alex to Violet's ribs.

"He."

Violet was pulled up by her shirt, she blinked the sunlight out of her eyes; blood from her nose was pooling on the ground beneath her.

"Is."

Her head slammed against the ground, her vision was becoming unfocused.

Alex leaned down, her mouth centimeters away from Violet's ear.

"Mine." She whispered, her figure towered back up over Violet, the bottom of her shoe came crashing down painfully onto Violet's face.