one hundred seventeen

"You're not my father!" I yell at him from my bed. "You can never replace my father!"

I jump up from my bed and run downstairs. I hear Lin yelling behind me for me to stop. I wipe tears from my eyes and push open the doors. I run to my car and unlock it, getting inside and starting the vehicle. I drive away watching Lin stand outside watching me leave. 

__________________

[Lin's POV]

"What am I gonna do, Vanessa? This is all my fault!" I say to my wife as I pace around the living room, pulling at my hair.

"It's not your fault, my love." She says.

"Yes it is! I shouldn't have said that I was her father.. That's what put her over the edge" I say. 

"You are her father, Lin. She knows that.." Vanessa tries to reassure me. 

"What if she isn't happy with us? What if she never wanted to be adopted in the first place? What if this entire time she was just acting like she was happy with us because it was just better than what she already had?" I question to no one in particular. 

"Lin, look at me." My wife says, grabbing my hand. "Olivia loves us.. She will come back, she just needs space. Don't doubt that we are a family because we are and she knows that." 

[Olivia's POV]

I drive with tears in my eyes until I arrive at the graveyard that I have not been in for years. I know by heart where my family is buried so I walk to them, ignoring the cold wind that is biting my face. 

I see the five headstones and I sit next to them. I read the writing on the stones and it tears at my heart. My brothers were so young.. Too young to be taken from this world. 

"Hey guys." I shake. "I'm sorry I haven't been here in a long time, I hope that you can forgive me for that. 

"I miss you guys so much.. I don't know why this happened to us, our family.. Why I wasn't taken with you? Sometimes I wish that I didn't survive the accident so that I could still be with you.. 

"The real reason that I am here is that I wanted to ask you if you would be mad if I accepted Lin as my family. I don't want to replace you and I don't want to forget you, I won't do that. But I need a family.. I need a family that can be there for me right now. 

"I need to go be with them.." I say to myself. "I love you guys." 

I get up from the ground and run back to my car. I check my phone and see all the messages that I have received. 

Lin : I'm so sorry sweetheart.. Please come back home.

Lin : At least tell me where you are? 

Vanessa : Come home honey.. 

Lin : I love you, please come home. 

I drive back to Lin's house and open the door and see Lin and Vanessa talking at the table. Lin looks up at me and runs to me, engulfing me in his arms. 

"I'm sorry, Lin. You are my father and I love you." I say into his chest. He squeezes me tighter and I smile. 

Vanessa comes and joins us, kissing the top of my head. This is my family now, and I love them with all my heart. 

Hello everyone, I'm home sick and bored so I decided to write this short little chapter. Not my best work but whatever. 

love ya

- aibhlinn