Chapter 84

(Continuation of Amethyst POV)

It had been six weeks since we'd been told that Ethan had escaped and working from home wasn't that bad, in fact I was enjoying it a lot.

Declan and I were going to our doctor's appointment and we were going to have another 4D sonogram and I think he was as excited as I was.

It was shampoo, rinse, repeat as far as the sono appointments go.  Arrive, lay on the table, gel on the belly, see the baby.

That's the part that never gets old, seeing the baby and watching Declan's expressions are so priceless.

While we were waiting for the technician, Declan stands up and leans over my belly and starts kissing me all over, making my eyes fill as I take in his gentleness and how loving he is.

Sondra came in to do our sonogram, squirting the slimy gel on my belly and commenced to rolling the wand around my protruding belly.

"Oh my God" Declan whispered.  It was always this way with him, he acts like its the first time seeing his son and he was so totally adorable and it made me love him more every day.

  It was always this way with him, he acts like its the first time seeing his son and he was so totally adorable and it made me love him more every day

Dylan was resting his little curled fingers against his face, his other hand curled and resting on his chin and I swear he already looked like Declan.

We finished and headed home, with me asking Declan if I could go shopping for his birthday.

He wasn't all for it at first, but then when I suggested taking Nate and/or Murray, he agreed.  He even said that I could drive as long as Nate was in the car, followed by Murray.

After we got home, I packed Declan's lunch and sent him off to work, telling him I would see him later.

"Be careful, Am.  You know I worry about you and I need to know you'll be safe."  I felt bad that he was so concerned, but I did everything I could to assure him that I would be okay.

Since Declan had left for work, I made some calls, regarding his cake and a few gifts I wanted to give him and then we headed out.

I drove my new car, third time since Declan gave it to me, with Nate riding shotgun and Murray following us in his blacked out SUV.

We came to a stop, at a traffic signal, it turned green, I waited a few seconds, looked left, then right and proceeded.

Everything happened so fast, it felt like a dream.  I heard yelling for me to watch out and when I looked to my left, a car was speeding right for us, t-boning me in the process.

I could hear lots of voices, men's voices, and then I felt myself being lifted up.  "Mrs. St. James, can you hear me?"  A friendly voice asked me.