Chapter 78

I stretched, my body felt so wonderfully relaxed after Declan's care of me from the night before. My husband was definitely my hero and I was so totally in love with him.

When I finally got over my lack of enthusiasm of being awake, I got out of bed and threw on Declan's button down.

I grabbed the sides of it and brought it to my nose and inhaled. I fell hard into his scent, it was comforting and so Declan.

After I brushed my teeth, I put my hair up into a messy bun and went off to find my man, needing a hug and kiss from my husband.

The most pleasant sight met my eyes and that was Declan standing at the stove, his back to me, shirtless and in his pajama pants.  I've never seen anyone look so gorgeous.

I leaned up against the door frame, just watching as he threw a kitchen towel over his shoulder, making him look oh so sexy.

The way his muscles looked when he flipped the pancakes in the skillet or the way his biceps looked when he would stir and pour the batter.

Have you ever seen anyone, that it didn't matter what they did, they always looked beautiful doing it?  I have.  I was married to him.

I couldn't stay away from him any longer, so I made my way up behind him and kissed his right shoulder and then placed my arms around his waist.

"Good morning baby. Did you sleep well?" He asked me, turning around and pulling me to him, kissing me soundly.

"I slept so well and I want you to know how much I love you for taking such good care of me." I told him, searching his amazing eyes.

"I know a lot of people assume because I have so much money and businesses, that it completes me or gives me purpose. It doesn't.

This, right here" he said indicating the space between us. "This is what gives me purpose. My wife and my child. You are the reason I want to get up every morning."

I grabbed Declan's face and stood on the tips of my toes so I could kiss him. "I love you" I told him softly, caressing his bottom lip with my finger.

"Come on. Sit. Let me feed you. I have a surprise for you, so as soon as you're ready, we'll go" he told me as he pulled out my chair.

We sat down and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast of harvest grain pancakes and thick cut peppered turkey bacon. My stomach growled at the fragrance.

I looked over at Declan, leaned in and batted my eyelashes. He smirked at me as I said "Will you be my boyfriend?"

He chuckled, shaking his head, asking me why. "Because, you, shirtless, standing at the stove and cooking. Hmm, that is where it's at" I replied.