Chapter 9

After I had taken the cookies to Declan and even with as busy as he was, he still found the time to text me over the next couple of days and somehow they turned a little racy as we teased each other.

The last one I received from him intimated that he wanted to kiss me from head to toe and of course I flat out told him I wanted that and more.

Then I had a thought, so I texted him before his next meeting, hoping to get a reaction from him, as my body tingled.

Me: Since we are going to your parents on Saturday, why don't you bring a change of clothes with you and we can just leave from my place.

Declan: Sexy and smart. Such a turn on.

I blushed at his text, then told him I would see him as soon as he got off work.

The more time I spent talking with him and actually seeing him, the more I found myself falling for him, but I knew this was a different territory for him as well as me and I was determined to take it slow, unless he hinted otherwise.

After a leisurely shower, I let my hair dry naturally, no makeup just lip gloss and I put on bronze colored silk shorts and matching off-the-shoulder sweater, setting off for the kitchen, I finished up our meal.

At this moment, I was so glad that I had chosen to buy a bistro style table for my balcony and with the chillier weather I had an outdoor wood burning pit, just the size of a small, round coffee table.

The lasagna was smelling amazing and had filled my loft with that wonderful Italian aroma and along with garlic knots, it smelled like a real restaurant.

I had decided to make a cheesecake with fresh raspberries and a purée from the berries for dessert, knowing that Declan would like it because according to Nigella, he loved any and all sweets.

Looking at my wine bottle clock on the wall, it was almost time for Declan to arrive and I found that I was experiencing shortness of breath from being excited to see him.

I took the lasagna out of the oven and stuck the bread in and rechecked the table and all looked great, I just needed Declan.

As if on cue, my doorbell rang and I took a deep breath, smoothed down my sweater and answered the door.

Holy grail! There stood in front of me the most handsome, sexy man I'd ever seen, Declan in a navy blue suit, white button down dress shirt and navy blue and silver tie.

"Hey" I breathed, opening the door wider to let him in. "Hey back" he said, a smile spreading across his face, a bottle of wine in his hand and a bouquet of pale pink roses that smelled exquisite.

When he handed me the flowers, I brought them to my nose and took a deep breath, the fragrance pulling me deeper, as I closed my eyes, just enjoying the velvet petals against my lips.

When I opened my eyes, he looked at me differently, but in a good way.

"Thank you for these. They are just gorgeous" I said heading for an upper cabinet to grab a vase.

As soon as I had taken the one I wanted and sat it on the counter, I felt the heat from his body as he stood behind me.

Declan moved the hair away from my neck and what I felt next, made my lower body clinch from the sensual kisses he placed on my naked shoulder.