Chapter 11

Declan would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed waking up to find her side of the bed cold and empty, but he could hear her humming from the kitchen and it made him smile.

He decided now would be as good a time as any to call his mother and let her know that he was attending the BBQ and he was bringing someone.

Picking up his cell, he stared at his mother's number and then took the plunge, his heart thumping as he listened to it ring.

She picked up on the second ring and sounded as beautiful as ever, her voice soft and melodic, the voice he'd grown up hearing all of his life...his mother's voice.

"Dec, baby!  How are you?" She asked.  "I'm good mom."  There was a moment of awkward silence before he spoke again.

"Uh mom, I wanted to let you know that I've decided to come today, to the BBQ."  Wait for it..."Oh Declan!"  She exclaimed.  "That's the most wonderful news ever!"

"There's something else to, mom" he continued.  "I'm bringing someone."  Dead silence.

"Mom?" He called out.  "I'm here son" she said softly.  "What time will you be here?" She asked, not bombarding him with questions, to which he was eternally grateful.

"Uh we'll leave around ten and get there a little after, probably ten-thirty" he answered.  "Well it will be so good so see you son.  It's been too long and we've missed you terribly" she said.

He closed his eyes at her statement, hating that he'd put that sadness in her voice and knowing he hadn't been back there since he buried Elise.

"I know and I'm sorry.  I've missed you guys as well" he said, trying to sound repentant.

After speaking a bit more, he told his mom he loved her and hung up.  He walked over to his bag and grabbed a pair of black jeans, slid them on and sat back down on the bed, deep in thought.

Feeling a pair of eyes on him, he looked up to see Amethyst standing there, wearing his white button down and little else. 

One single solitary button, in the middle, is all that covered her paradise from his eyes.  

She looked magnificent, long, lean legs peeking out underneath the white cotton shirt.

He smiled at her, just hoping for a glimpse of that model-like smile and she didn't disappoint him as she flashed it at him right away.

Beckoning her to come to him, he hardened at the sight of each step she took, knowing just how good those long legs felt wrapped around his waist.

She was beauty and art, in human form, and for the moment she was his, at least he desperately wanted her to be.

Amethyst stepped in between his long legs as he laid his head against her belly and to his joy, she put her fingers through his hair.