Chapter 42

Declan got the car loaded and they headed out before ten. They would arrive a little after eleven, they would have lunch and then retire to their room.

He'd already set up an appointment with a photographer to take their pictures, so he had asked Am to wear her skinny jeans, boots and a sweater. Something that would look good outside for a picture.

The ride up the coast was beautiful and having his woman with him made it more so

The ride up the coast was beautiful and having his woman with him made it more so. He had a lot of time to think about a plethora of items...proposing to Amethyst and what she had said about having a baby.

It meant the world to her, he knew this but for a man it was different. To him, a baby was a baby, whether he grew in her belly or was adopted.

He would try no matter what to make her see that she was perfect, his perfect and he wanted her just like she was.

"You enjoying the drive baby?" He asked her. She turned towards him, nodding. "The snow just makes everything so beautiful" she said excitedly.

"It really does and I figured we could take a walk when we get unpacked and after we eat because tonight it's supposed to get colder and then we will be staying inside the rest of the night."

"That sounds great" she enthused as they pulled into the drive that led to the immense house.

"Oh wow!" She breathed. "I rented out the entire place while we're here" Declan said. She turned to quickly face him. "You did what?!" She threw her arms around him and held on.

"You are really some kind of wonderful" she murmured, kissing him amidst the gorgeous snow covered landscape.

His heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest. "Let's get our bags and head inside" he told her. Nodding, she followed him to the trunk, helping with the luggage.

When they'd checked in and given all the information about the place, they were shown to their room.

They had a four poster, king sized bed, small maroon colored suede sofa. French doors that led to a balcony and overlooked gorgeous landscape.

 French doors that led to a balcony and overlooked gorgeous landscape