Chapter 24

I woke up before Declan, so I decided to go start on my hair and makeup, then get dressed.

I put my hair up in a messy, sexy bun and kept my makeup light and natural.

I put on my black lace bra and panties and then walked back into his bedroom to put on my suit and heels.

It was a gray, tiny pinstripe suit with a white silk tank shirt, fitted and my black heels. The suit looked great on my body, especially the pants. They hugged my a$$ just right.

I gathered my items from the bathroom and when I went back into Declan's room, I found him sitting on the edge of the bed, his feet on the floor

I walked over to him and stood between his opened legs. "Good morning Mr. St. James" I said smiling down at him.

My God I'd never seen anyone look as sexy as he did just by waking up.

"Good morning, baby. Sleep well?" He asked me. I leaned down and kissed him heartily. "I sleep amazingly well when you're next to me" I told him.

"I'm going to take a quick shower, get dressed and take you to breakfast" he told me, gracing me with another kiss.

Turning to take my bag into the living room, Declan grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.

"Your a$$ looks absolutely stunning in those pants" he breathed in my ear. "Hmm, why thank you. I work very hard to keep it toned and tight" I breathed back.

"Damn baby" he said, walking to his shower, shaking his head, leaving me laughing.

Once he was ready, he had Nate bring us to Gracenote Coffee off Lincoln. Before we even got out of the car you could smell the roasting coffee and other treats.

We sat, after we ordered our coffee and just talked. I kept looking down at my ring, smiling while I twirled it around my finger.

"Are you happy with it? With me?" Declan asked and I couldn't help but wonder why he seemed so vulnerable.

"Declan, I'm ecstatically happy with you. Don't ever think differently" I told him, taking his hand and bringing it to my lips.

He smiled as I continued. "We'll figure all of this out, okay. We don't have to rush anything because we are still getting to know each other and I don't want anyone feeling pressured."

As we got up to go, Declan said "You are one in a million, Amethyst Langston." He held the door open for me as we walked to his car.

Nate gave us a genuine smile while holding the door open and after we were safely seated inside the car, I gave him my office address.

Declan and I rode the rest of the way in contemplation, my head on his shoulder while he held my hand, but my time with him was coming to an end as I spied the intersection by my office building.

This was going to be the first time in four days that I would be without him and I wasn't looking forward to dealing with the loneliness.

Nate jumped out and opened Declan's door and I slid out right after him while Nate grabbed my bag and handed it to me.

"Ms. Amethyst, it was truly a pleasure seeing you again and until next time" he said nodding politely. I returned the sentiment and then looked to Declan.

"You okay?" He asked me softly, his fingers messing with a little piece of hair that escaped my bun.

I nodded yes and said "I will be." He kissed my cheek and then my neck and finally my lips. "I'm just a phone call away" he reminded me.

"I know and the same goes for you too" I replied. "Well, have a good day and try not to work too hard today."

I watched him smile as he got back into his car and for some reason I just stood there and gazed after it until I couldn't see it anymore, then I headed into the building.

I made it to the elevator when my phone pinged, glancing at the screen, my face lit up. It was a text from Declan.

Declan: my car smells of your perfume. I can't get you out of my mind, nor do I want to try.

Me: I can still feel your lips on mine and when I close my eyes, I visualize you making love to me.

God we sounded like love sick teenagers but I couldn't stop the idiot grin that was overtaking my face and when I arrived on my floor, Constance was waiting for me, ever faithful.

She smirked at me. "I guess I don't need to ask how you are?" I indicated that I wanted her in my office and then asked her to close the door.

"I hate to ask you this" I started. "But I trust you implicitly, so you are my only choice. I need for you to go and buy two really elegant stockings for my place.

I'm also going to give you a list of a few things that I need you to buy for one of the stockings. I promise I will give you the lowdown and I want you to use my credit card and turn this in as an expense for yourself."

"Only if you promise to give me an exclusive" she said laughing. "I totally promise" I replied. I gave her the list and the credit card and watched her face as she read the items.

"Holy sh*t Am!" She squeaked. "You owe me big time!" She screeched, sounding like a peacock. I busted out laughing and told her to get Macy to sit in for her while she was gone. Macy was her assistant and very good and it didn't hurt that her aunt worked for my publisher.

***

I had no idea that the time was racing towards twelve thirty already and Constance had finally made it back and had discreetly taken the purchased items to my place and took care of the stockings.

She'd picked up lunch as well, so I told her to eat in my office and I would tell her the whirlwind that had taken place over the last four days with Declan.

I began with our talk in Hyannis, after our blow up. I told her about the day at the market and our dinner that night. Then I got to the good part and told her about our mind blowing sex for dessert.

"Does he know about your past?" She asked between bites of salad. "He does. I told him everything and he still wants me, Con. Even in all my f*ckedupness. He still wants me."

I told her about our date at his house, her eyes widened in disbelief and then I showed her the ring and I thought she was going to lose her ever loving mind.

"He said it was his promise to me. That we'd work through everything but he was only interested in me."

I watched her wipe the tears away and then voice how happy she was for me and even when I heard myself tell her thank you, I prayed silently that nothing would happen to ruin it.