Chapter 41

(Continuation of chapter 40)

Declan's favorite position was being on top of me, his body laying right on mine, one hand resting on top of my head and the other on my hip.

He'd told me one time it made him feel so close to me that he could feel my heart beating from my chest into his.

But in all honesty as much as I enjoyed what happened between us earlier, he and I both loved the vanilla sex just as much, if not more.  We felt that it meant more in the long run.

This room we were in, is only for that kind of sex; I never want the lines to get blurred.  We only indulge when we're in that frame of mind.

Speaking of vanilla, we had been at it, in that position for almost thirty minutes and how Declan kept up that same pace, I didn't know but it felt so amazing.

He was able to keep me from coming by talking to me, talking me down and I was able to hold back but I didn't know for how much longer, my body was shutting down and I needed it to end.

Very calmly, Declan whispered "Oh my sweet girl, come for me." And at that moment it was like free falling, I stood at the edge, leaned forward and let go.

We whispered things for our ears only as we both broke in two, my body contracting and clinching around his member while his swelled inside me, releasing his orgasm so deep inside me that had I been able to have children, I would have thought we made a baby.

Declan sat up, looking at me with the most loving eyes and I had only one other person in my life that had looked at me with that emotion and that was my dad.

I don't know if it was the fact that I missed my dad after all this time or if it was the fact that I suddenly had the realization that I indeed wanted a child, but I closed my eyes and started crying.

He didn't ask me why I was crying but instead took my hand and placed it on his chest, letting it trace downward, the warmth of his being and mine was comforting.

When I gained my composure, he picked me up bridal style and carried me into our bedroom, pulled the covers back and laid me down, crawling in next to me, holding me, giving me a little of his peace

I didn't know how long I had been sleeping but I was ecstatic to see that Declan was draped over me, still in slumber and seeing this told me what it would be like waking up to him every morning.

"Baby wanna tell me what was going on earlier?" I knew he would ask and I supposed he had every right to know.

"When we made love earlier, just how close we felt, how deep inside me you were and when you came, it was so hard and so deep I imagined, just for a moment that's what it felt like to make a baby, but..." I trailed off, not being able to finish.

"Come here sweet girl" he comforted as I scooted closer.  "Am when that time comes, not if, but when, we will do everything to make it happen naturally or we'll adopt, either way, you'll give me a child."

His words breathed new life into me, a new hope where none had been before and in this little space of time, it all seemed like it would be okay.

I looked up at him, caressing his sweet face and mouthed thank you for his kindness and gentleness, bandaging up my wounded heart and caring for it, treating it as though it were precious.

"I love you" he whispered, continuing to kiss me and within a few moments he asked if I was ready to order dinner.

Nodding, I got up and searched for my black yoga pants and long sleeved V neck tee shirt.  After dressing, I slipped my fuzzy socks on and padded into the kitchen while Declan threw his clothes on.

"What do you want baby?" I asked, still skimming the menu.  "I want Pad Thai" he said.  "With a salad and spring rolls please."

After ordering our food. I chose the spicy peanut chicken, I opened a bottle of wine and poured a couple of glasses.  Walking into the living room I found him perusing my extensive movie collection.

"You interested in watching a movie?" I asked.  "I thought about something with action.  Maybe The Transporter or Wanted.  What do you think?"

We chose Wanted and after much discussion, we discovered that we were both Angelina Jolie fans.

About forty five minutes into the movie, the doorbell rang, signaling that our food was here.  We spread it all out on the coffee table, sat down on the floor and ate.

"Oh my gosh!  Here's my favorite part!" I declared.  It was the part where Wesley flips the mustang over the open sunroof of the limo and says I'm sorry in slow motion before he kills the guy.

We ate all of the food, drank an entire bottle of wine and watched another movie before calling it a night.

Declan helped me cleanup so we could get in bed faster.  I stood grinning, watching him wipe down the counters.

"You're pretty handy in the kitchen" I said playfully bumping into him.  He grinned and kept on with his cleaning.

"I'm very handy as you will soon realize, Ms. Langston.  I just prefer surprising you here and there because I can't have you finding out all at once, becoming bored with me."

I threw the dish towel at him and said "There's no way on this earth I would ever get bored with you."

Capturing me between his arms and the counter, he gave me the most enduring smile, then he kissed the tip of my nose.

When all was cleaned and straightened, we both got in the bathroom and brushed our teeth, then made our way to bed.

I fit brilliantly in the crook of his arm and laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat was mesmerizing as it played out a soothing rhythm.

"Love you" I said already drifting off.  "You too my sweet girl." 

I was really looking forward to our time at Sugar Hill, learning more about Declan and hopefully being able to divulge more about myself to him as well.

We were beginning a new phase, one that would be exciting, no doubt and I believe we were both looking forward to where we would be going next.