Chapter 19

Declan looked down at a sleeping Amethyst. There she was, his beautiful, damaged and scared angel, asleep on his lap.

If anyone had told him a year ago that he would be falling hard for another woman, he would have called them crazy, but here he was, head-over-heels obsessed with this amazing girl.

She had told him no pressure, but was he ready to meet her psychiatrist? He would be making himself vulnerable as well and even though he believed her when she said this doctor knew nothing of his past, he was trained to seek out information and he would put two and two together eventually.

But for her, he'd be willing. Now, back to the cannabis oil. He certainly wouldn't judge her and if it kept her nightmares away, who was he to say anything?

Declan knew there was a difference between a good old fashioned nightmare and night terror, but he'd never seen anyone have one before and he could use his imagination.

Amethyst stirred in his arms, burying her nose into his neck, he heard her sigh and call out his name in her sleep. He loved hearing his name fall from her lips, knowing that her thoughts were filled of him made him smile.

He agreed with her about where this was going, he didn't know for sure, but what he did know is the week he went without seeing her or talking with her, made him realize he couldn't be without her.

Christmas was coming and his company was having a party, also his parents had a big thing every year as well, and he wanted to ask her to both.

Needless to say, he didn't attend either last year and it would seem that this woman in his arms was forcing him to get back into life and he was rather enjoying it for the first time in a long time.

The sex was magnificent. She pushed him, yet at the same time she allowed him to be free between the sheets. Something Elise never quite enjoyed.

She would have never permitted him to blindfold her and for lack of a better word, their sexual relationship was strictly vanilla.

In college, Declan had experimented some with being a dominant, but he didn't like the aspect of treating a woman like a slut or whore, beating them for every little infraction just to get the pleasure of beating them until he got off.

He just took some of the things he liked and incorporated them and used them until he met his wife and she voiced right away that she wouldn't do that sort of thing and he gave it up because he loved her that much.

Am was different. He imagined she had a bit of a kinky, wild side and he wanted to explore that with her, together, pushing their limits and taking each other further than they'd ever gone.

Yawning, he wondered what time it was because it was still dark outside and he could see the reflective shadows of the moon dancing on the gathering frost outside.

He loved her little place here in Hyannis.  It had been the perfect getaway for them both and unfortunately tomorrow was Sunday, so they would need to head back to Boston or he did anyway.

He still wanted to bring her to his home for dinner, to celebrate the four months they'd been seeing each other and the biggest step was taking her to his bed.

Picking her up bridal style, he carried her back to bed, laid her somewhat in the middle and then climbed in next to her, wrapping his body around hers.

Falling asleep wouldn't be difficult at this moment because he found himself still tired from the weekend.  But it was most definitely a good tired.

***
Declan woke to sounds coming from the kitchen and the smell of fresh brewed coffee.  It would seem his lady was hard at work.

Pulling on his sweats and a tee shirt, he padded to the bathroom, took care of business and swished a little mouthwash around to get rid of the morning breath.

Her back was to him, so he leaned up against the kitchen door frame, just watching her move effortlessly throughout.

She was in black leggings, her hair in a messy bun and a loose, black sweater hung off her left shoulder, revealing her butterfly tattoo, which was sexy as hell.

"Coffee?" She asked.  He walked up behind her and circled his arms around her waist and putting his lips to the side of her neck, kissing her.

"I would love some" he said.  "What are you fixing for breakfast?" He asked.

"Belgian waffles with fresh fruit, turkey bacon and sausage.  You hungry?" She asked as he turned her around.

"I'm starving" his voice sounded husky but it wasn't food he craved, it was the warmth of her body that he needed, but he would eat first and then he would have her in the shower.

He watched capable hands plate up several waffles and then she topped them with fresh blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, then some sausage and bacon.

Turning around to face him, she handed him the delicious smelling plate complete with a smile.

He held out her chair and waited for her to sit and then he sat down next, he was going to broach several subjects with her and hoped she would be receptive to all of them.

"This is so good baby" Declan told her.  She leaned over and kissed his cheek.  "I'm glad you like it" she answered.  "What do you want to do today?" She asked.

"Well I'm glad you asked" he said.  "First, I have to go back to Boston today.  Are you planning on coming home as well?"

She sighed and said "Yeah, I have to as well.  As much as I have loved being here, shut off from the world with you, we both have work."

"Well I would like to ride back with you.  I already sent Nate back the night I arrived.  Would that be okay?"

She smiled and nodded.  "I would love for you to come back with me."  He smiled back at her and continued.

"I would like to take you out on a date tonight, if you aren't too tired when we get back.  I will send Nate for you at seven.

Next, my company is having a Christmas party and since I didn't go last year, I will be attending this time and I would love for you to be on my arm.

And lastly, my parents host a party every year at their home and I want you to come with me to this as well.  Both are next week.  The company one is on Friday and the one at my parent's is Saturday.

We would go to their house after the party at DSJ, spend the night and weekend with them.  What do you say?" He asked.

He watched her get up and straddle his lap, then she put her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder.

"You really want me to come to all those with you?" She asked quietly.  Declan lifted her chin and looked deeply into her eyes and answered.

"I couldn't imagine not having you with me" was his response and then he captured her lips with his and kissed her passionately and with need.