Chapter 66

Declan and Amethyst had decided, once back on the yacht, that they would wait until they got to Hyannis to make love.

"Something about the anticipation, wouldn't you say, Mrs. St. James?" He even loved how her name sounded so sexy rolling off his tongue. His wife. He never thought he would marry again, but this beautiful, strong woman blew into his life, setting him on a collision course with hers and he wouldn't have fought it if he'd wanted to.

They toasted with sparkling white grape juice and stayed below deck where it was warmer, as the water had made everything seem a lot colder.

"Are you okay with this being our honeymoon?" Declan asked her. She turned on the sofa, her legs bent up under her body, and put her head on his chest.

"It's perfect baby and there's no place I'd rather be than Hyannis with you" her answer was perfect, just like she was.

"Declan?" She said softly. "Yes?" He replied. "When did you have time to set all of this in motion? I still just can't believe how you pulled it off" she commented.

He chuckled and said "Everything was done already, I just had to get it moving again and since the deposits had been made, we still had our dates. That was the easy part, hoping you'd say yes again, that was the scary part" he said honestly.

She sighed, her grip on his hand tightened. "I was always prepared to say yes, I just didn't think it would happen that quickly" she answered, playing with his wedding band.

"You know, I get why women are attracted to married men" she said. He looked at her puzzled, waiting on her to continue.

"This" she said twirling his ring. "It's so sexy and proprietary and women always want what they can't have and a wedding ring just screams off limits. I don't know, just my opinion but it sure makes me want you though."

"Hmm, do tell" Declan said, kissing her face. "It's true" she whispered. "I want you like I've never wanted you before. I find myself craving you, wanting to be in your space, breathing your air."

"Damn baby, you say the sexiest things" he rasped. "I truly love you, Dec, and after all we've been through and we still ended up loving each other and getting married, I know we can face anything." And then she kissed him.

The kiss. Savage. Sensual. Erotic. Loving. Mine. Yours. That's what it meant, their kiss, and when they eventually stopped, there was nothing but the look of pure love that passed between them.

"Don't be surprised if our wedding makes the front page of the society section" Declan told her, changing gears. He had to get his mind off that kiss or he'd take her right there.

Amethyst giggled. "Really?" She asked. "Well I guess marrying the sexiest, richest man in all the eastern seaboard would be newsworthy."

He scoffed. "Well you're not exactly a nobody yourself. You're very popular in your own right. Your book is still in the Top Ten list and the anticipation for your new one is through the roof."

He told her not to worry, that he would protect their privacy and it would die down soon enough.

"Have you given any thoughts to baby names yet?" She asked. He had actually. "Yeah I have and because you have convinced me that you are carrying my son, I thought the name Dylan Andrew sounded great."

She laughed, asking if they were going to carry on the St. James tradition of using the letter D for first names.

"Why not?" He shrugged, then added "And I thought we could start a new one by using A for the middle name."

She admitted she liked his way of thinking and told him she loved the name he chose as well.

"There's something else I have been thinking about" he told her. "I want us to find a house together, something that is both ours and since we're having a baby and what I'm hoping for is maybe one more, we need a family home.

With a backyard, a garden for you, an office for me and a study for you to write in and a big kitchen. It's just ever since you told me you were pregnant it's weighed on my mind."

Amethyst sat up and put both hands on either side of his face, caressing the stubble with her thumbs.  The look of complete love that went from her into him, he could feel it.

"Wow, that beautiful mind of yours never shuts down does it?"  He shrugged and smiled a little smile.  "I think I would love to find a house with you.  Something that belongs to us."

Just as they were about to kiss again, the phone next to Declan rang.  It was the captain letting him know they were pulling into the slip and a car was waiting for them at the entrance.

"Very good, Rick, thank you.  We'll expect you in a week's time" Declan told him.  "We're here" he smiled at his wife, kissing her hand.

Amethyst stood and smoothed out her dress, turned and took her husband's hand as they prepared to leave the yacht.

The small crew had their bags, walked with them to the car and sent them off with well wishes.

The drive to the house would only take ten minutes and they would soon begin their life as a married couple and both were excited and a little nervous only because things had happened so quickly.

But Am had always told Declan that things happen for a reason and its best not to try and figure it out, just to go with it and see where you end up and he couldn't agree more.

Stopping at the threshold to the front door, he took the key from his wife, unlocked and opened it, then stepped back, picking her up bridal style, her carried her over the threshold.

"Welcome to your honeymoon, Mrs. St. James" he said as they went through the doorway and into the house.

He sat her down gently and turned her body to his, cupping her face, he studied her soft features for a bit, then lowered his mouth to hers.

"Now, I want to take my wife to bed, make love to her and make my name fall from her lips as she comes from the sheer pleasure I will give her."

"Hmm, that sounds so delicious" his wife said, licking her lips and unhooking her dress.  Now she stood wearing her white lace strapless bra, matching panty and sheer nude thigh highs.

"Jesus woman" he breathed.  "Bed.now" he commanded.

"Yes sir" she said compliantly, turning to give him a view of paradise as her hips swayed sensuously.

"Damn" Declan breathed, following her.  It was going to be wild night of pleasure for the both of them.