Chapter 21

(Continuation of chapter 20)

I'm going to Declan's home?!  I was shell shocked.  First he made love to me without a condom and now he's bringing me to his home.

After what Nig told me, this is a huge deal!  I was mad with joy at how much he was trusting me with his heart, trusting me enough to bring me to his home.

We pulled into a gated community and then to a singular brownstone standing off to the right of other buildings.

It was beautiful red brick, trimmed in white, with a solid red door and white shutters...not what I expected for Declan's home.

He had the outside decorated for Christmas.  White lights traced the perimeter of the roof.  There were tasteful red and gold topiaries on either side of the front door.

It was tasteful and classy, totally Declan and I couldn't wait to see the inside of his home, but what I couldn't wait for was seeing him.

Nate was in front of me, my bag in his hand.  "Go on in.  I'm going around to the back and I will see to your bag.  Have a good evening."

My hand hovered above the doorbell, taking a deep breath, I pushed the doorbell, stepped back and waited.

I heard the lock turn and then the door opened with the most handsome man standing in front of me, wearing dark black dress pants and a black button down dress shirt and smelling like heaven.

The way he looked at me, made my insides liquefy.  Declan St. James was the most incredibly handsome man I'd ever seen.

"Amethyst, holy wow!  You look so beautiful" he sounded in awe when he spoke to me.

"Come in, come in" he said, standing aside to let me in and as soon as I got in, he laid a very nice, slow kiss on my lips.

"You smell delicious too" he breathed in my scent again.

"Come, let me give you the tour and then we can eat" he said, taking my hand we walked into a receiving area where he took my clutch and then helped me slip my coat off.

"Damn baby.  I don't know if I will survive this night, seeing your body in that dress."  I was soaking in all of his compliments, loving how this man made me feel.

He had a gorgeous faux Douglas fir Christmas tree that was decorated to the nines with gold and red decorations of every pattern and shape you could think of.

The fireplace looked like one from a designer magazine with garland hanging just right, two stockings hanging there, one red and one gold and they were personalized with our names!

"Declan" my voice broke a little when I saw what he'd done.  I could feel the heat from his body envelope me from behind and as soon as he put his arms around me, I let out a little sob.

"Baby, please don't cry.  I did this to show you how important you are to me and that I am trying to be what I need to be in order for us to be successful.

I want you, there's no doubt of that but more than this, I want to build something with you, if this is still what you want."

With my heels, we were eye-to-eye, so I ran my hands up his chest and then around his neck, bringing me closer until I could smell the minty scent of his toothpaste.