Chapter 49

My body felt like it had been hit by a truck.  My head hurt, my eyes hurt and my throat felt scratchy and dry.  I hated every moment I remembered from the night before, the night terrors, the thought that I might lose Declan, all of it felt overwhelming.

I needed to be strong for him, for us because I really did depend on him, on his strength if I was going to survive this.  I wanted to survive because I had the best reason in the world and that was him.

Speaking of my fiance, I looked over at the magnificent man that was still sleeping beside me.  My heart felt heavy at knowing what he'd been through the night before, having to deal with me and all my baggage.

I didn't seem to have control over anything at the moment except the fact that my body wanted his, I had wanted him last night but he was too much of a gentleman to take me in the state I was in, so he put me to sleep instead, which in hindsight was the right thing to do.

I slipped out of my panties and tee shirt and mounted him, his hardness already making an appearance.

If I could find a way to describe, in words, the way his body felt under mine, I would, but no intelligent thoughts came to mind.

I simply cocooned his body, like he'd done mine, and started with his neck and shoulder, letting the fluttering of my lips leave their impressions.

I let my body lead, it's autopilot already engaged as my lips went from his Adam's apple, up his chin, then skating across his mouth.

The animal groan that escaped him wasn't born from pain or discomfort but from one of need and want.  He wanted what I was attempting to give him and that made me want to scream for joy.

Declan's hand traveled down my backside until he reached his shaft, then he whispered for me to raise my hips just enough for him to slip inside me.

My body shivered from the sensation of his body being inside mine, the animal need calling to both of us, and it would have been so easy to give in and f*ck each other crazy but I needed the love more than the f*ck and I think he picked up on this as well.

"Let me love you baby" he whispered.  "Please" I acquiesced as he gently rolled us over, never breaking our precious contact.

Once I was on my back, he asked me to stretch my arms above my head and leave them there.  I did what he asked and it left my breasts exposed and at his mercy.

As he slowly rolled his hips into me, he started kissing me at my forehead and with each kiss he told me why he loved me.

My cheek.  "You're so strong in spirit."  My neck.  "You're so sweet natured."  My shoulder.  "You're so beautiful on the inside."  My breast.  "You are easy to love."  My belly.  "You are sexy."  And finally my side, the side that held the hideous scar left by Ethan Hamilton.  "You're a survivor."

I wept as he begged me to let him carry me at the times I felt I could no longer stand.  "I can take away the pain from this if you will just let me have it" he said, licking his way down my scar.

That was when I felt that last bastion of the wall break down.  Declan had succeeded in taking away all of my defenses, leaving me with nothing standing in his way of owning me completely and erasing any memory that Ethan had left behind.

As his words filled my mind and heart, his manhood filled my body, taking me somewhere I'd never been before and that was being at total peace.

For the first time, I really let go of myself and it felt quite freeing and liberating, allowing Declan to have me in this way.

"I'm open" I panted as his body steadily thrust into me.  "Anything you want and need to know, I will tell you.  I don't want to keep any more from you, Declan.  But you have to do the same thing, please."

I watched his mouth find its way to my n*pples, his lips wrapping around one and then the other, the moisture heating them and then when he released it, the coolness from the air in the room made them hard and erect.

"I promise" he husked as his body continued using mine to facilitate our pleasure.  I watched him sit up, running his hands down my thighs until he reached my apex.

Using his thumbs to deliver my orgasm, he pressed them into my swollen bud, circling and massaging until I couldn't see straight and whispering "Let.go."

I cried as my body exploded, everything being wiped away by a single orgasm, but it was more than that. It was us, becoming one, trusting each other and leaning on each other.

Declan roared with satisfaction as he climaxed, his rod thickening and filling me as he drained himself of his seed.

Even after Declan had expended himself, he still laid on my body because I wasn't willing to let him go just yet, my greed for him still evident.

Declan whispered for me to let him sit up and when he had gotten settled, he pulled me between his legs, putting his arms around my waist.

"I'm so sorry about subjecting you to last night." I couldn't miss the sadness in his voice and that was the last thing I wanted.

"I understand why you did it, really and I'm thankful you didn't keep it from me any longer. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Declan."

I turned my head so I could kiss his shoulder, then continued saying what I needed to.

"I don't want to wait any longer to get married, that is if you still want to get married this quickly. I will leave it up to you, I just wanted you to know."

"Shower with me?" He asked.  "Okay" I responded but before I could get out of his arms, he turned my head to his, his fingers running through the back of my hair while his thumb skirted my lips.

"I love you sweet girl" he murmured as he kissed me.  My eyes filled, almost rendering me sightless as I responded "I love you too, Dec."