Chapter 37

"I love you" she whispered.  His eyes got wide as he just stared at her.  "What did you say?" He asked, so she repeated herself again.  "I'm in love with you, Declan St. James."

Declan closed his eyes, wishing to God that he heard what he thought he had.

"Please, say it again" he begged as she brought her eyes back to his level.

"I.love.you."  It almost sounded like a cry when she said it. He pulled her to his chest, crushing her in his immense arms.

"I never thought I would hear someone tell me that again, I'd hope, but hearing you say it...God, Am!"

He clasped her face in his hands, like he was holding something fragile, tenderly caressing her bottom lip with his thumb.

"The morning you called and asked me to meet you for coffee and we ended up closing the place, I think I knew then, that you were the one for me.

I was afraid, Am, that after Elise I was destined to be alone, but then you showed up, all beautiful and fiery, pulling me under with your spell and I didn't want to resist you. 

It's true what the woman at the park said about us.  I love you too and if you promise me forever, I will spend every bit of that time showing you."

They'd both made their declarations, both of them putting their hearts out there but having the faith to do so and it paid off.

"This right here, right now, is the best Christmas gift anyone could ever give me" she said, kissing him again.

"Can I tell you something?" Declan said.  She nodded.  "My marriage to Elise was nothing like I tried to make it be.  She was wonderful and my wife and I loved her, but she was spoiled rotten and most of the time she wasn't a very nice person.

I think she was getting bored with me and right before she got sick, she talked about leaving me and going back to Georgia.  I was devastated because she knew I couldn't leave here and follow her.

You have changed me.  You are that sweet person, who cares for her fellow man and I believe you are my soulmate, the one for me and because of that, you make me a better man."

He kissed her again, furiously, not caring who could see them or what they thought.  He wanted to shout it from the roof tops, that he'd found this beautiful girl and she loved him.

"Come with me. I want to show you something" he said, taking her hand and weaving her through the people that were gathering.

"This is my parent's room" he stated as he walked into the huge walk in closet. "Come" he said, asking her to follow.

They stood in front of a huge standing jewelry case, that had at least ten drawers and looked full to the brim.

Declan brought out an old antique looking box, the edges frayed where once vibrant fabric was in its place.

"This belonged to my grandmother and when the time is right, I want you to let me slip this on your finger. I never felt right giving it to Elise, so she never knew about it."

She gasped when he opened the lid, revealing the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen

It looked like a princess cut diamond, surrounded by more diamonds, nestled in a thick band of platinum.

"Oh Declan!" She exclaimed. "I would be honored to wear your ring." He looked at her, silently asking for permission to try it on her.

She nodded while he took it from the box and slipped it on. He smiled when he realized it fit her perfectly. "You see? You were meant to wear it."

He raised her hand and kissed it before taking it off and returning it to the safety of its box.

They returned to the party where Declan proudly introduced her to everyone, engaging in small talk, laughing, drinking and dancing.

He was grateful that Amethyst didn't get upset when a couple of women, that he used to see socially, tried throwing themselves at him, only to have him blow them off.

"Well I didn't exactly expect you to stay celibate" she joked, as he twirled her around the dance floor. He scoffed, smiling that lopsided smile that would make the panties fall off any red blooded woman.

They were about to walk off the dance floor, when Amethyst held up a finger, indicating for him to stay put.

He watched her walk to the DJ and ask for a song then walk back out to him.

"Dance one more with me?" She asked.  Declan couldn't say no and as the music began to play, he knew exactly why she picked the song she did.  Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud was perfect for them.

Declan let the heat of her body soak through to his, just as the words from the song that she had chosen soaked into him.

It almost seemed like people on the floor had purposely moved out of the way so it seemed they were the only ones.

"Tell me again" he asked, only her hearing his request.  She placed her head closer to his ear and said "I love you Declan and only you.  You are who I want."

He sighed in pleasure, then kissed her, neither aware that they were the only two on the floor now until the music stopped.

The soft applause from the guests brought them out of their secluded bubble, her blushing and Declan smirking, her hand tightly bound to his.

"I don't know about you, but I'm hungry" he said to her as they walked over to the hors d'oeuvres table.

"Well this will do for now" she replied huskily.  "But I had my sights set on something a little more rich and filling" she flirted.

"Damn baby" he rasped.  "You're killing me."  She leaned in and whispered "And just so you know, I'm not wearing anything under my dress."

His eyes darkened and his lids became hooded as he took her hand and led her to a secluded little area.

"You are too classy for me to f*ck you here, but I need to feel you" he said, placing her against the wall and moving his hand up her dress.

He reached her smooth sex, letting his fingers trace along her slit, teasing her while at the same time teasing himself.

Declan slipped his finger inside her slick entrance, circling slowly while her hips moved in sync with his hand.

"Will sir let me come?" She teased.  He closed his eyes and moaned softly.  "Do you want to come?" He asked.

"More than anything" she panted, watching him withdraw his finger and sliding it between his lips almost made her come right there.

Pushing her up against a wall, he dropped to his knees, sliding her dress up, revealing her naked body.

"You're so beautiful" he whispered, lowering his head to her sex, minutes later her body exploding in his mouth.

When he'd pleasured her, he stood, his lips glistening with her arousal, he said "Taste yourself on me" he rasped.

He was hard, his erection still growing and pressing against the tightness of his dress pants.

"I will take you later, in bed, and you will scream my name."