Chapter 70

Declan thought about his wife the rest of the day, in between meetings and phone calls and when all the fires had been put out, he sighed in relief that he could pack it up and call it a day.

The transition with Brandt's company was going smoothly and Declan actually felt it refreshing working with someone who didn't pull any punches.

Jansen seemed to be impressed with Declan's business sense and it would seem the old man still had a few good ideas up his sleeve, he was just waiting on the right person to share it with.

Declan knew that both he and the old man had made the right decision in working together.  It would not only be lucrative, still for Brandt, but his employees as well as Declan and his.

It was getting colder outside, the wind was blowing in out of the north at a good clip, and he couldn't wait to get home to his wife and a warm house.

He had just come out of his building, when Nate jumped out and got the door.  Once both men were warmly ensconced in the car, Declan asked for a small detour.

"Nate, would you mind swinging by Marble Slab Creamery?  I need to get the Mrs. some cherry cheesecake ice cream.  The cravings are starting" he laughed.

"I remember when my wife got them in the very early mornings.  It was always the same thing...a breakfast burrito from the little twenty-four hour diner by our house and a hash brown from McDonald's!"  Both men laughed at the oddities of a pregnant woman's cravings.

When Declan finally got home, he was shocked not to find Amethyst in the kitchen, so he walked through the house and into their bedroom, where he heard soft sobbing coming from the bathroom.

He quietly opened the door to find his wife, on the floor, with several pairs of jeans laying around her.  He had an idea but was not going to start that conversation.

He threw off his jacket and removed his tie, then unbuttoned a few buttons on his dress shirt and took a place next to his wife on the carpeted floor.

"What's the matter honey?" He asked softly.  She looked like a little girl when she finally looked at him, her eyes red from crying.

"My jeans don't fit anymore" she sobbed.  "I'm turning into a cow!" She wailed. 

Declan did his best not to chuckle, knowing that would go all over her and just piss her off, so he put his arm around her, gently hugging her.

"Ah sweet girl.  If you could only see how beautiful you really are.  It's only your gorgeous belly and that's because you have this wonderful miracle growing inside you.

Your hair shines so brilliantly and your skin has this amazing glow to it and you are just gorgeous" he finished.

She nuzzled into his side and made these sexy mewling noises and he tried desperately not to think with his c*ck but damn it she made it near impossible.

"You are the sweetest man ever" she sniffed.  "I guess it's time to shop for some maternity clothes as well" she acquiesced.

"Well I can't have my favorite girl sitting on the floor crying, now can I?  And I hope she believes me when I tell her how sexy she is" he said kissing her head, helping her up.

"Well she is trying and if her stunningly gorgeous husband says so, then what choice do I have other than believe you?" She said.

As they walked into the kitchen, she looked at him, asking why he was later than usual.  He just grinned at her.

"I'm not sure if I should tell you now, given the circumstances" he said.

"What circumstances?" She asked.  "Well I stopped by Marble Slab Creamery" he started as she shrieked and ran to the freezer.

"Oh I love you so much" she purred.  "Well I love you too baby" Declan said.  She turned around kissing the ice cream container and making out with it, Declan finally getting her joke.

He feigned injury at her remark and turned to leave.  "You don't want a taste of my cherry?" She husked, playing with a double entendre.

His eyes became hooded.  "Are you...teasing me?" He said, his voice low and sultry.  She nodded slowly, backing up to the wall, slipping her leggings down.

He watched her reach up under her sweater and a few seconds later, her bra appeared as she dropped it to the floor.  Then she sensually raised her sweater, revealing her baby bump and scanty, sheer panties that showed off her slit.

"You.are.a.temptress" he said as he removed his pants then shirt, leaving him in his underwear.  It was very plain to see how aroused he was by the bulge growing inside them.

He watched her slip hers off then her sweater, leaving her beautifully naked, making his next move clear...he removed his underwear.

"F*cking gorgeous" he said, attacking her neck as he lifted her leg and placing his d*ck inside her, then wrapping her leg around his waist.

"Hmm yes" she purred as his slow thrusts penetrated her warmth, making her body clinch around his.

"Oh Am" he murmured, his body sinking into hers again and again, the end game was them coming undone together.

"Oh God!" She cried out again while his hips rolled into hers, her fingernails scratching down his back, turning him on more.

He picked her up, telling her to wrap her legs around his waist as he walked them to their bedroom and got into bed, so he could finish making love to his wife.

"Look at me baby, I want to see those beautiful eyes" he said.  She opened them and the love he felt immediately made him lose control as he climaxed.

"Sh*t!" He called out, as he emptied himself inside her, begging her to let go so he could see her pleasure.

Her back arched while he brought his lips to her hardened bud which made it hit her harder, crying out how good he felt.

Declan pulled up the sheet around their bodies as they lay in each other's arms, coming down from their endorphin high.

"Well, was that better than your ice cream?" He asked.  She laughed and kissed his shoulder.

"It was so much better" she joked back.