Chapter 72

Declan and Amethyst were on their way to meet with the realtor, Diane Foster.  She was an older lady, in her late fifties, and she was one of Boston's premier real estate agents.

Nate dropped them off at her office and then they joined her in the office provided Cadillac Escalade, along with her assistant.

"Mr. & Mrs. St. James, please meet my assistant, Trish Parker.  Trish has been with me for fifteen years, she is loyal, trustworthy and discreet. 

She is my co-pilot and takes care of all the paperwork.  I gave her everything you're looking for in a home and she narrows all those down and finds the one that is right for you.

We try not to overwhelm the client, so we stop at four listings, max.  If you haven't found what you want in those four, we dig a little deeper.  We want you to be happy and let's face it, your home is the biggest investment you'll make.  Shall we get started?"

Declan and Am loved both Diane and Trish.  They were knowledgeable, had the patience of a saint and both had a great sense of humor.

Amethyst was sold on the first house they looked at, but under the expertise of Diane, she agreed to give the other three a shot.

The second was pretty on the outside, but neither of them were crazy about the layout, plus the backyard wasn't what they wanted either.

The third was pretty, a complete package, but it just didn't rock their boat and finally the last one, they both liked this one, and asked Diane if they could see the first one again.

On the drive back to the first one, Declan asked his wife to tell him what she loved about the house.

"Well that first room you pass when you come in the front door would be perfect for your office.  I could see your desk, credenzas and office furniture in there.  I don't know, it just looked like you.

The kitchen was wonderfully laid out.  I liked the openness of it, being able to visit even if you're in the kitchen is important.  I don't want to be closed off from our guest.

The master bedroom was impressive.  I loved the French doors opening to the balcony, the bathroom was huge and I adored the garden tub and walk-in closet.  I could definitely see that being our respite after a tiring day.

The other bedrooms are a good size and one of those would work well as my office.  You know I don't need much space, just a desk and filing cabinet.  Maybe a small couch.

The backyard sold me as well.  I pictured a jungle gym back there and what a great place to entertain when the weather is warmer."

"What about you?" She asked.  He said he loved the three car garage, plenty of storage, he liked her idea of the office for him and basically everything she said about the house, he loved as well.

"I can definitely see myself coming home from work here every night" he smiled.

Once they arrived back at house number one, Diane let them take their time in each room, just walking around, getting the feel of the house and talk amongst themselves.

After a hour, they made their decision and went back to find their realtor.

Diane and Trish were talking when Declan and Amethyst walked back into the kitchen, holding hands and smiling.

Diane returned the smile and said "You've decided on the house?"  Declan nodded while Amethyst grinned at Trish.

Diane said they would head back to her office and start the paperwork.  She also told them the owners wanted to close and sell quickly, so it shouldn't take long to have everything sewn up.

When everything was squared away with Diane and her team, Nate collected them and they headed for a bite to eat and then shopping for her clothes.

Sitting down at Red Robin, they ordered their drinks, and then settled back to look at the menu.

"I want the Whiskey River BBQ burger and garlic herb fries" Amethyst said while Declan chose the Chophouse burger and sweet potato fries.

After their waiter took their food order and left to go back to the kitchen, Declan placed his hand on top of his wife's, rubbing his thumb across her knuckles.

"How you doing baby?  Are you tired?" He asked a little concerned.

His wife smiled at him and nodded. "I'm just a little tired but I'm so happy with the house, Declan. It just feels like a dream and I can't wait to move in." She was so excited.

"It is the perfect house for us, isn't it baby" he smiled back at her.

The waiter soon came back with their food and as soon as she had taken a bite of her burger, Amethyst closed her eyes and moaned.

"My God that is orgasmic" she said, taking another bite, then popping fries in her mouth.

"Damn baby" Declan murmured, looking around. "Sorry" she grinned sheepishly. "It just seems like I haven't eaten in days. I'm just so hungry."

"Declan would it be okay if we just went home after this? I'm so tired and my feet and back hurt" she said arching her back.

"Of course sweet girl and I'll do you one better. I'll fix you a bath and massage your back and feet and then into bed you go. How does that sound?" Declan replied.

She laid her head on his shoulder. "Like heaven" she whispered. Nodding, Declan paid the tab and they left, headed home for some good relaxation and then sleep.

It was six-thirty when Nate got them home. Amethyst heard Declan tell him to take tomorrow off and if they needed anything, he would call.

Declan directed his wife to their bed, where he had her lay down and then took off her shoes, her feet aching with tiredness.

He picked up her right foot and tenderly rubbed his thumbs on the bottom, working his way up and down, bringing her instant relief.

When he finished with the right foot, he started on her left foot, giving it the same attention.

"You are magnificent" she breathed as he kissed the tops of her feet.

"Just lay here baby and I'll go start the bath" he said.  She smiled tiredly at her husband.  "You are so dreamy" she purred.

Declan scoffed.  "And you're sleep deprived but cute" he replied.  "I'll be right back."

Amethyst nodded and closed her eyes and drifted off, letting the tiredness have her.

Declan walked back in to find his beautiful wife asleep, on her back, her hands laying across their baby.

He picked her up bridal style and carried her to the bathroom, waking her up as soon as he sat her down on the counter.

"Sorry" she said.  "I just couldn't keep my eyes open."  Declan nodded and helped her start to undress.

Once she was in the tub, he got rid of his clothes and slid in behind her, putting his arms around her waist.

She settled into his body and sighed heavily with contentment.

"Sleep baby.  I love you, beautiful" he said kissing her shoulder.