Chapter 28

(Continuation of chapter 27)

Declan's soft breathing told me that he was still asleep and why I wasn't, I didn't have a clue, but looking at my phone I still had fifteen minutes before the alarm went off.

I quietly slipped from bed, put his shirt on, and went to make coffee when I heard a key in the door and then Nig came blowing in like a tornado and she was talking ninety miles an hour.

I didn't get a chance to say anything and then all of a sudden she stopped talking and when I looked at her, her mouth was hanging open.

I turned to see the reason for her silence and it was Declan, sexy bed head, lopsided grin and low slung black sweats and barefoot.

"Good morning baby" he said, kissing my lips, his hands on either side of my face.  "Good morning to you, Mr. St. James" I said, smiling.

He walked over to Nigella and kissed her cheek.  "Good morning, Nig" he grinned that mischievous grin at her.

"Well good morning boss" she said grinning, finally able to find her voice. "What did you bring?" Declan said looking through the bags sitting on the counter.

"Coffee and scones" she replied. "I will put on a small pot of coffee, Declan you take what Nig brought" I said, reaching for my bag of gourmet coffee.

"Thanks sweet girl" he said as he kissed my cheek. I blushed a little as Nigella looked at me, eyebrows raised.

"I'm going to take a quick shower" Declan said. I told Nig that I would be right back as I made my way over to his stocking and then to the bathroom.

"I have the other thing that I wanted to give you last night." I handed him the small box and watched with trepidation, wondering how he would take it.

I watched him open the box slowly, then he looked at me and back at the box.

"Amethyst" he breathed. I stepped forward and put my hand on his and looked into his eyes.

"This is yours. If you ever want to come over, just for anything. I want you to have it" I explained.  It was a key to my apartment.

He put the box down on the counter and stepped to me, hugging me tightly. "This means the world to me."

I loved how good it felt being in his arms, his strong sexy arms, which cocooned my body to his.

"Although last night's gift was earth shattering, this means so much to me" he mumbled against my ear.

I looked at Declan, just wanting to get lost in his cerulean orbs that transported me to heaven and back.

"I really wish we could do a rewind on last night" I told him while snacking on his neck. "And I know it's rude while we have company but God I want you so bad right now. My insides are throbbing."

Declan removed his sweatpants and then he pulled his tee shirt over my head and threw it to the floor, kissing me breathless.