Chapter 68

Declan couldn't have been any happier or his heart any more full of joy than it was right now, having this beautiful woman laying next to him, wearing his ring, taking his last name and carrying his child.

He had honestly tried seeing where he and Elise were going, but he never got very far.  Maybe it was meant to be, her passing away, him meeting and marrying Am and her being pregnant.

He was still in awe of what she put her body and emotional self through just to produce a heir for him.  He didn't know of many people willing to do that, but it spoke volumes and he loved her so completely for it.

He loved feeling her body splayed on top of him, her long sexy legs wrapped around his, her arm laying across his waist, involuntarily tightening some of the time.

She gave herself to him one hundred percent and had given her his everything as well.  It's all he ever wanted, was to belong to someone completely and have them feel the same way.

Even though she was still sleeping, he moved himself over her, just so he could take her in, study her natural beauty, wanting to lose himself in her every chance he got.

All at once he was aware of glacier blue eyes shining up at him, so he brought his gaze to meet hers.

She reached up, putting the palm of her hand to his face, his lids closing at the intimacy of her touch and the warmth going through her into him made him shudder.

"You're a million miles away, Mr. St. James" he heard her call out to him. He opened his eyes, smiling at his wife, tucking his hand under her head and raising her lips to his.

Desire was the first adjective to come to mind when he kissed her. He wanted her, not just her body, but her mind, her heart and her time.

He craved sex with her, but there was so much more to her than the physical. He would find himself just thinking of reasons to call her during the day so he could hear her voice.

Love was another word that came to mind when he thought of Amethyst. It didn't take him long to figure out that when she loved, she went all in. It wasn't a half-time show for her, it was the entire game, always and forever.

"You are beautiful Amethyst St. James, my sweet girl, my wife" he breathed. She looked up at him with the sweetest smile, capturing him heart, mind and body...again.

Declan sat up against the headboard, bringing her with him, setting her between his legs, letting his arms rest around her, his hands on her belly.

"Time is of no consequence while we're here, love. What do you want to do?" He asked.

"Let's build a fire in the living room and you can dance with me for starters" she said. "That's doable" he said as they started to climb from bed.

She looked precious in his long sleeved tee shirt and fuzzy socks, her long hair looking sexy and mussed up.  He f*cking adored her.

Declan had pulled some large pillows from the chair in the corner and a blanket and laid them on the floor next to the fireplace and then turned to get that going.

Once the fire was crackling, Declan went over to the IPod and after searching a bit, he located the song he wanted.  Inxs Afterglow. 

Grabbing her, he pulled her body to his, his head resting on her shoulder, breathing in her scent, they technically weren't dancing but it didn't matter, holding each other was the goal.

"You mean the world to me, Am.  You and our baby and I hope you know that every minute of every day, I will make you see this."  Declan had raised his head so he could see her eyes.

Her response was to hold him closer, tighter, as she sighed and laid her head on his chest.  After the song finished, he gently pushed her to the floor and brought her body in, so he could just hold her.

They lay there in each other's arms, the fire giving off warmth and a glow as the music continued to play softly in the background.

He hoped to have many more moments like this with her, they didn't need a special occasion to share this kind of intimacy and closeness.

She was the kind of woman he could throw himself into, expose himself too, bare everything to her and she would get it, without saying a word, she would know and he loved her for that.

He felt her roll to her side, propping her head up on her hand, looking at him with such love and warmth, he couldn't help but turn to face her as well.

"I can practically hear the wheels turning" she said softly, her finger tracing down his chest.

He sighed.  "They seem to be on a perpetual loop, never stopping, never changing pace.  It would be a relief to get them to stop once in a while" he said wistfully.

"Close your eyes" she whispered.  He did immediately.  "Don't think about anything other than the sound of my voice.  Close off everything else.  Tonight, it's not worth a second thought."

He took a deep breath and did what she said.  He could feel her fingers caressing his cheek, massaging his forehead and her lips meeting his with a gentle touch.

"It's just the two of us, here, the world is locked outside and cannot come in.  The only thing you need to feel is peace and relaxation.  No business, no boardroom and no phone calls."

He was experiencing a peace and a calm that he hadn't felt in a long time.  He laid his head on her shoulder as she placed a kiss on cheek.

"Let me hold you, Declan.  Let me be the place you run to when your world is spinning out of control.  Rest baby.  Just rest.  We've got seven beautiful days to spend with each other" she purred softly.

He felt her pull up a blanket over their bodies as she settled back with him still in her arms.

He was at peace.  So this is what it feels like to be at absolute rest and it was because of her, his wife, that he had it.

Sleep had never come with such little effort, until her.  Amethyst St. James, the woman that was slowly saving him from himself.