Thank You

It was time for Maya to leave Texas and return to New York. Maya was waiting for her flight to be called. Scott, Pappy Joe where with Maya so they can say goodbye to her.

"Maya, it was great seeing you, again. Remember, you can come and stay with us anytime you want to. Where always here for you whenever you need us. Tell Lucas and everyone else I said hi." Pappy Joe said as he hugged Maya. "Thanks, Pappy Joe. I appreciate that you let me stay at your house." Maya responded with a smile. She then saw Scott seating in the chair with his head down. Maya approached Scott and kneeled down to face Scott.

"Hey, Scott. Don't look so sad. Don't you remember what I told you yesterday? That I'm going to visit you and that your going to be their right by my side on my special day. I need my favorite guy with me on my special day." Maya said. Scott nodded and hugged Maya who returned the hug.

Maya flight number was called signaling that her flight is here. Maya stood up and said bye to Pappy Joe and Scott who watched Maya give her passport and board the airplane.

Maya arrived to New York and rode the subway to the place she needed to go to where she'll perhaps finally come to terms with everything.

Maya arrived to her destination and faced her dad gravestone. Maya then dropped to her knees and cried as she remembered the shooting. Maya calmed down and laid the flowers she brought.

"You promised me that you'll stay that you wanted to be apart of my life. But you didn't you broke your promise. That is so like you. I thought you changed but you didn't! You came back and I finally forgave you but in the end you left just like you did when I was a kid." Maya said with a mixture of sadness and anger.

"I'm sorry I broke my promise to you, Maya. I never intended to break it." A voice said Maya looked up and sees her dad right in front of her.

"Dad! What are you... how are you here?" Maya asked surprised to see her dad right in front of her.  

Kermit ignored Maya question and hugged her and Maya returned the hug as she started crying again. Maya broke the hug and looked at her dad with so much pain in her eyes.

"I'm sorry that I'm the reason your dead, dad. I'm real screwed up, dad. I thought once I have avenged your death by beating up Rebel. I would finally forgive myself for being responsible for your death but it made me lose myself and feel even more guilty. I been driving away my friends who are trying to help me. But..." Maya started sobbing.

"Why couldn't you stay awake more longer so the paramedics could've saved you? Was I not good enough for you to make it?" Maya asked as she tried to stop crying.

Maya I'm sorry I been an horrible father who wasn't their for you to see you become the person you are. Your brave, smart, caring, and will protect the people you love and care.  I know I feel very lucky to have you, Maya Hart. As my daughter and I'll know you'll accomplish extraordinary things and I'll be right by your side." Kermit said with a proud smile.

Once, Kermit said that Maya felt a weight lifted off her shoulders that she's finally come to peace and stop feeling guilty.

"You weren't their for my life as I grew up but you came back again wanting a second chance and I'm glad I gave you a second chance. I know you'll be right by my side. I'm happy to be your daughter and you being my dad. I love you, dad." Maya said smiling.

"I love you, too. I'll always be there if you ever need me. Maybe, now I can get a little sleep." Kermit said making both hart to smile.
This chapter is like the episode of BMW where Shawn talks to the ghost of Chet hunter