The Note

After health class the group didn't see each other until lunch. The clique six found themselves sitting at their usual table.

"Another interesting class this morning," Farkle mused, breaking the silence.

"Man I didn't realize that sexuality was this important," Zay said to the group.

"Same here I just thought everyone knew their sexuality?" Lucas added with a shocked voice.

"Well like coach said not many are lucky to learn about sexuality so it confuses them once they start questioning themselves." Riley said. She noticed Maya being quite like she was the previous day, but this time she was also staring off into space, at what Riley did not know. Before she was able to ask Maya snapped out of it and turned to face her, with an amused smile.

"So you were staring at the back of my head and with heart eyes?" Maya asked Riley with a teasing tone.

Riley blushed, and it didn't go unnoticed by the group. "Yeah," she answered.

"Well I think that's cute," Maya said, a smile across her face.

Riley smiled back and held Maya's hand.

--

After school the gang headed to Topanga's to do their homework, as they did every day.

Maya forgot something in her locker and had to double back, saying she would catch up with them later. She went to her locker to get her sketchbook. With her book in hand she headed towards the school entrance, but saw a familiar face that made her feel something funny inside.

The person didn't see her so she walked over to her. "Hey, Chai," she said in a happy tone, as she was genuinely happy to see the other girl.

Chai turned around, smiling instantly, "Hi Maya! Why are you still here?"

"I forgot my sketchbook," she laughing as she held up the book to show Chai.

"Can I see your art?" Chai asked.

Maya nodded with a smile, handing Chai her book.

"Wow, Maya. This is amazing," she commented as she flipped through the pages. "You have true talent! I can't wait to see what else you draw."

The comment caused Maya to blush. For some reason Maya felt the need to hold Chai's hand, which she did. The reaction Chai gave indicated it wasn't unwelcome, as she smiled warmly at Maya's touch. They were both instantly reminded of that morning when they held hands, but this time it was intentional. Both girls were blushing profusely.

"My friends are waiting for me. I really need to get going," Maya said noticing the amount of time that had passed. "I keep losing track of time whenever I'm with you," she giggled.

"No problem, I understand," Chai smiled softly at her.

"Would you maybe want to hang out again tomorrow? If you're not busy?"

A wide grin spread across Chai's face, "I would love to." She bent down slightly and placed a kiss on Maya's cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow." 

Maya was gobsmacked. Once Chai was out of sight, Maya reached up to touch the spot Chai had kissed her, "Woah."

               At The Matthews Apartment
Meanwhile someone was sneaking into Riley's bedroom window. The mysterious figure ventured into the apartment and into another room to leave a note before disappearing through the Bay Window from whence they came.