It Should Be Me

Excuse me?" A voice says behind the group of friends. They turn and see Maya's doctor, standing there. They all have a look of depression but it's nothing compared to Riley. Who was in the room when her fiancé died and watched her get trembled against tombstone.

"Ms. Hart is now stable -" The doctor says. What happened?" Lucas questions which earns him a death stare from Riley.

The doctor takes a deep breath, "For a minute there, we lost her. But . . . She's now in a coma . . . The same rules apply only one person can enter the room." The doctor says.

They felt a huge weight lifted from their shoulders. Riley then looks worried once again.

"Will she wake up soon?" Riley asks. "She should be . . ." He replies.
"When will she wake up?" Riley asks desperately.

We don't know. I'm sorry." He quickly hurries away and leaving the friends alone with their thoughts.

Riley waits outside in the waiting room with Chai, Farkle, Zay, and Smackle

It was Lucas turn to talk to Maya. Riley was completely against it when Lucas said he wanted to see Maya. But, Riley didn't want to for it's Lucas fault that Maya is in a coma and could possibly not wake up. She just wanted to see Maya, and be their when she wakes up.

"Hey, shortstack." Lucas starts as he sits in the same chair Riley had sat in early. He looks at Maya who looks pale and all bruised up. "Look . . . Maya . . . You gave us a big scare . . . You gave Riley a big scare. This is twice that this has happened. This year so far hasn't been good." Lucas looks at his best friend and tears start falling down.

"Maya, I'm so sorry. I'm the reason your in a coma. I shouldn't have signed up for the competition I should have just ignored them. But, I let my pride get in the way. And what do you do to stop me from riding tombstone. You volunteer yourself to ride tombstone." Lucas said as more tears fall.

"If anyone should be in a coma it should be me. Maya, you gotta wake up if not for me then do it for Riley. Don't you remember that the two of you are engaged. Riley, is a mess without you she hasn't stopped crying. We're all a mess without you. When you wake up because I know you will. I'll understand if you hate me. Because I hate myself and I know they blame me for you being here. I can see it from the way they look at me. Maya, your a important person in my life and I don't know if you can hear me." Lucas takes a deep breath and holds Maya hand.

"But I was a little bit jealous of Riley and Chai. That you had feelings for both girls and nobody else. A part of me still had a tiny bit of feelings for you. But don't worry we're not gonna start another love triangle. Because I know you and Riley belong together. So you gotta wake up, okay." Lucas gets up and places a kiss on Maya forehead he is then reminded of all the memories the two shared. How the two met and how their relationship build as they got to know each other. Then remember the campfire and where he kissed Maya. As Lucas kept thinking more of the memories he had with Maya. He didn't realize that he was leaning closer and kissed Maya on the lips and walked away and stared at Maya once more and existed Maya's room
Next few chapters everything will change specifically friendships.