Chet Hunter

Maya suddenly woke up and realized she's on the ground she took a look around surroundings and noticed she wasn't in the bull ride competition. The surroundings where foggy. She got up and noticed that nobody was here except for her. Maya decided to walk around and perhaps she'll meet someone who can tell her what's happening.

Maya, walked around for twenty minutes and still no sign of anyone. She was just about to give up when she heard a voice.

"You know I never expected that I run into you out of people." The person said with a southern accent. Maya turned around and saw a man around his fifties and had gray hair and was wearing a blue shirt and an brown jacket and had a smile on his face. Maya was confused because she never met this person. But this man seems like he knows her.

"Who are you? Also where am I?" Maya asked confused. The man chuckled at Maya's question which angered her.

"I'm surprised that my own granddaughter doesn't even recognize her own grandfather. Because I know that my son has mentioned me before." The man replied. Maya was shocked hearing his answer. That she is his granddaughter and he is Maya grandfather. Maya then stared at the man a little longer and instantly recognized him.

"Your Chet Hunter! Your Shawn father! But your dead, dad told me that you died from a heart attack when he was a freshman college student?" Maya asked confused on why she's sees her deceased grandfather and realization hits her.

"IM DEAD! HOW CAN I BE DEAD? I THOUGHT I JUST FELLED OFF TOMBSTONE? WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!" Maya asked panicky as she paced back and forth. Chet grabbed Maya by the shoulders stopping her from pacing.

"Maya, your not dead. Your just stuck in limbo." Chet explained which calmed down Maya. Once, Chet told her that. Maya looked around again.

"So I'm stuck between the living and dead?" Maya asked confused. Chet nodded. "You have to choose. You can either return to the world of the living or you can follow me but I already know the answer." Chet said smiling at Maya.

"I wanna go home, grandpa." Maya replied. "But before I go back home. I'll like to spend a little time with you and get to know you personally. Not just by the stories that I'm told." Maya said. "Same here I want to get to know by granddaughter before she leaves." Chet replied. They both smiled and told each other about themselves.

"You know, Maya. I been watching you ever since you appeared in Shawn life and you have matured greatly and made many friends along the way." Chet said proudly which caused Maya to smile. Happy to know that her grandfather is proud of her.

"Maya, your going to go through a lot of obstacles. But, you'll have to remember the person you are and that your friends are always their for you. Especially, Riley and your family. So you gotta remember that when the time finally comes. For, you decide. Remember, that you'll have to be there for your baby brother and for Malia. They will need you in their life. Especially, Malia." Chet explained to Maya who was confused.

"Grandpa, what are you talking about? What's going to come? How do you know that mom going to have a boy? Also, who's Malia?" Maya asked confused, "You'll know soon. She's going to need you and remember about the people that love and care about you before you decide on the decision." Chet said urgently. Maya was about to question her grandpa more when she noticed her hand vanishing.

"I'm glad that I got meet you, Maya. Remember, I'm always going to there for you and Shawn. Tell your dad I said hi and that I'm extremely proud of him." Chet said and hugged Maya as tears fell from both Chet and Maya.

"I'm glad I got to meet you, grandpa." Maya said happily, "Me too, Maya. I'm glad I got to talk to my you." Chet said as he let go of Maya and smiled as he watched Maya vanish.

I can't believe y'all thought I will kill Maya off. But someone will die and it will have a impact.