The Death Of

Maya, didn't tell her friends what Missy whispered in her ear. For, she didn't believe it and how could they know about it. Still, she didn't take it that seriously but Maya would call everyday to see if he was okay.

The two were in central city park they been walking around and are now seating in a bench. "Malia, been asking about you. She wants too know when your visiting her again. She misses her sister." Kermit said smiling which caused Maya to chuckle, "Are you sure she's just missing me or is she mostly missing Scott?" Maya replied playfully for when Kermit and Malia visited her in Texas. Malia and Scott became friends.

"She misses the two of you both. So, have you called Austin and told him that you want to be in America Top Talent?" Kermit asked Maya, "Yeah, once I was done talking to you I called Austin and he was excited that I accepted his offer." Maya replied smiling for she was glad that Kermit asked her about it.

Kermit, surprised Maya by hugging her. It toke Maya a minute but she slowly hugged Kermit back causing both to smile. As, they pulled apart. "Well, I can't wait to see you perform. You'll do great, Maya. I believe in you! Kermit said proudly to Maya causing both to smile.

The two kept talking until Maya noticed a familiar figure standing in the trees as the figure watched them. Maya, got up from the bench which confused Kermit.

"Rebel... is that you? I thought that you and Clara are in jail?" Maya asked confused but she noticed how angry Rebel looked, "Maya, who's this?" Kermit asked. "He's Rebel aka Brandon. I use to be friends with him when we were kids but stopped once I met Riley. We were also in the same history class. But, more importantly he's the one who shot me." Maya answered as she thought back to the shooting. Kermit, narrowed his eyes once Maya finished explaining who he is.

"To answer your question, Hart. You, can say we had some help from some people who hold vengeance against you. Just, like Clara and I. They been tailing you around for us. I gotta say they been very helpful and now we can finally have are revenge but first." Rebel said explaining and he then pulled out a gun. Which received everyone attention as he shot a bullet in the air making everyone panic and scatter out of the park.

"Wait, you and Clara received help from people who hold vengeance against me? But, the only people who do..." Maya was instantly reminded of Missy and Charlie and what happened in the cafeteria.

"So, you figured out who helped us, huh?" Rebel asked smirking as he sees Maya face of concern as she looked around the park hoping that everyone made it out making Rebel laugh. Resulting, in both Harts to become angry.

"Well, enough of me explaining. It's time for my revenge. No, it's not just my revenge it's also Clara, Missy, and Charlie. So, this is how it's gonna go. First, it's Maya and then it's your father and what the hell I'll even kill your sister. Resulting, in the end of the Hart family." Rebel explained with a sinister smile. The three heard police sirens coming. Rebel then pointed his gun at Maya.

"I wanted to torture the two of you for a little while. But, with the police almost here. I gotta end this quick. It was nice knowing you, Hart!" Rebel said then pulled the trigger.

BAM! BAM!

Maya, opened her eyes expecting the same pain she felt when she took the bullet for Riley but didn't. Instead, she saw Kermit in front of her who fell on the ground. Maya quickly rushed to his side and noticed that Rebel was no longer here. Maya, noticed that the police sirens were coming closer. She then felt Kermit grab her hand gently.

"Are you okay, Maya?" Kermit asked as he coughed up blood making Maya cry harder, "Yeah, I'm fine, dad." Maya replied as more tears fell. "You called me, dad." Kermit said as he smiled weakly. "Yeah, I did. I'm sorry, dad. This is all my fault. Missy told me that you were going to get hurt. But, I didn't believe her! I really screwed up, dad. I just keep on putting the people I love in danger." Maya said as she tried to stop crying.

"Maya, it's not your fault. It was my decision and I don't regret it." Kermit replied weakly as he tried to keep his eyes wide open.

"Dad, keep your eyes open, okay. The paramedics are almost here. Remember, you promised me that you are now going to be a part of my life. I forgive you. Please don't leave me, again!" Maya asked but all she received was silence. Maya looked and saw that his eyes were barley open.

"Maya, I want you to look after your sister. She's going to need you. Tell Malia I love her. But, most importantly I'm sorry I haven't been their for you. That I left you and I was a horrible father. But, I want you to know I'm extremely proud of you. I'm glad your my daughter, Maya. I love you, Maya." Kermit said proudly as he slowly closed his eyes.

"I love you too, dad." In that moment, Maya knew that Kermit. Her father was dead. In that instant something inside Maya snapped!

I was actually planning on Kermit dying when Maya was in college. But I'm still deciding if I should make a sequel.
The upcoming chapters
You'll see Maya basically lose herself.
Maya finds out a secret about Kermit that no one knew about