I would never leave you

Three days later Maya had started breathing on her own and the doctors no longer needed to keep her sedated. "It's up to her now when she will wake up." Doctor Jenson said.

Riley takes her regular place and looks at Maya, taking her hand in hers. " Hey . . . Listen, about that fight we had . . . You are my best friend, the love of my life. I didn't like you basically choosing who I get to go to homecoming with. But, your the person I want to go with! Nobody, else. I never told you the reason why I chose to call you peaches when we first met. I was seven years old, and I heard my dad call my mom 'peaches' and I idolized my parents. So, I chose to call the person I love peaches. So, when you came through the window. I already feel in love with you and decided to call you peaches. You know, I always felt this way about you, but I was too blind to see that I loved you since we were kid. I'm sorry, that I'm the reason your in this situation... I'm sorry I made you leave and I'm sorry that I'm the reason this whole triangle started. But . . . But you have to wake up so we can fix all that . . . You're not done here. I need you. So . . . Just get better, okay?"

Tears fell down Riley's face and she rests her forehead on their clasped hands and she lets out a sad sob.

"Okay." A weak voice says. Riley slowly looks up and sees Maya staring at her. "M-Maya?" Riley says.

"Hey, honey." Maya voice is quiet and tired. "Don't worry, Riles. I would never leave you." Maya says with a smile that's only reserve for Riley.

Riley, can't help but laugh and she jumps from her seat and hugs her. Maya smiles in the hug and tries to hug her the best she can. Riley pulls away from the hug and looks at Maya. She swallows before pulling her in for another hug, a bright smile on both their faces.

Riley bend down and gave Maya a kiss.
The second their lips connected Riley felt all her worries go away. "I love you, Peaches," she whispered as she pulled away, breaking the kiss.