Homecoming

Two months, have passed since the gun accident. Maya, got better and Rebel and Clara where brought to justice. Thanks, to the help of Mrs. Matthews. Nobody is going to see them for awhile.

Today, is John Abigail Adams High School Homecoming Dance. Riley and her friends were all planning to meet up at her apartment and go to the dance as a group.

Farkle had even managed to convince Smackle to attend the dance with him. For, the person he wanted his date to be is with Smackle. Nobody else but her.

That had led to Smackle asking Riley for help getting ready. Actually, she requested assistance in ensuring she was as aesthetically pleasing as possible, but Riley knew what she was really asking.

"Do you think Farkle will appreciate my appearance?" Smackle asked as Riley pinned up her hair. She still didn't have a whole lot experience with makeup, and her mom had had to help them both with that part, but hair she knew how to work with.

"Of course he will. Farkle loves you!" Riley said around a mouthful of bobby pins.
"I know that Farkle likes me for my mind, and so I've never had to pay special attention to my appearance beyond hygiene," Smackle explained. "This level of preparation is unusual, and it would be nice to see Farkle have a commensurate reaction." Smackle said.

Riley smiled and spun Smackle around so she could look at herself. "You're gonna knock Farkle socks off." Riley said excitedly.

Smackle stared at her reflection. "It still seems strange to put in this amount of effort for the sake of a boy, but I have to admit that the result is... impressive."

"Well, you aren't doing it for the sake of a any bou, you're doing it for Farkle. The boy who loves you, and you love him." Riley said. "He's not just any guy off the street." Riley said.

"No, he isn't." Smackle replied.
"Riley, time to get a move on," her mom called. "Everybody's going to be here any minute, you don't want to keep them waiting."

Riley glanced at the clock and realized her mom was right. "Time to face the music. Ready?" Riley asked.
Smackle smiled. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Cory and Topanga were waiting for them when they got out to the living room. "Topanga, where's Riley?" Cory asked.
Riley rolled her eyes. "Daddy, I'm right here." Riley answered.

Her dad cupped his hand around his ear. "Riley? Speak up, I can hear you, but I don't see you," he cried dramatically.

"Cory," her mom warned.
"No, Topanga, this is important. I'm trying to find our daughter, but the only person I can see is this beautiful young woman who is much too grown up to be my little girl."
Riley reddened. "I'll always be your little girl, Daddy. No matter how grown up I get." Riley said with a smile and hugged her parents.

He beamed with pride. "I'm gonna hold you to that one. Topanga, did you get that on tape? I want to be able to play it back for her next time she tries growing up without my permission." Cory said.
Riley was saved by a knock at the door.

"That must be the boys, and Chai." Topanga said. Sure enough, Lucas, Zay, Farkle, and Chai were all outside, dressed to the nines. Lucas had even broken out the cowboy hat. Maya was going to be thrilled.

"Hey Riley, hey Smackle. You both look nice tonight," Lucas said as he walked in.
"Lucas, you really must control yourself tonight, I have a date," Smackle insisted firmly.

"I was just..." Lucas stopped himself. "You know what, I'm not even going to try. Farkle?"
"Wow." Farkle was stunned.
Riley leaned over to whisper in Smackle's ear. "Toldja." Riley said with a smirk
"So you did." Shackle replied.