New Years

Matthews Apartment

It was now New Years and the Matthews were setting everything up and waiting for their guest, "I just got off the phone with Josh and he is on his way up here." Said Topanga to Cory who was fixing the Christmas tree. Riley and Auggie both walked into the living and hugged their parents and kissed them on the cheeck, "Good Morning wonderful parents! Who we both love!" Both Riley and Auggie said with smiles on their faces.

Josh then opened the apartment door and closed it, "HEY FAMILY!" Said Josh as he walked into the apartment. "Uncle Josh." Replied Auggie as he ran towards Josh, who picked Auggie and spun him around him, and then set Auggie down in the couch. "Hey, Riles. Good to see you again." Said Josh as both he and Riley hugged, "Same here, Josh. Also, thanks being here more now. Auggie, Maya, and I really appreciate it." Said Riley. "I told you, I'm going to be here now." Replied Josh with a smile, the two hug once more and Josh went to greet Cory and Topanga. While Riley went to seat beside Auggie.

"My brotha!" Said Cory excitedly, "My brotha!" Replied Josh with excitement as well. The two brothers hugged each other and let go. Josh and Topanga both hugged, "Josh, how's college so far?" Asked Topanga. "Good, theirs a lot of work but I manage. So, when is everyone coming?" Asked Josh curiosity.

"In the afternoon. So that gives us plenty of time to get everything ready. But, first. Auggie, can you go into your room and play with your toys. While your father, Josh, and I talk to Riley privately." Said Topanga. Auggie nodded and ran off to his room. After Cory checked that Auggie went into his room and closed the door. The three adults faced Riley.

"Riley, I know Maya is dating Chai. But sooner or later you are going to tell Maya how you feel, I'm tired of seeing you hurt because your hiding your feelings! It not only breaking my heart but the rest of us as well." Said Topanga softly. Riley looked at the three adults who looked back at her with caring eyes, Riley left the living room and walked into her room and laid on her bed. Riley opened a her drawer and pulled out a paper and stared at it.

It was now almost time for the guests to be arriving soon. "The food is set up, so are the games. Everything is now ready." Said Topanga proudly. Everyone nodded, the intercom suddenly buzzed and both Riley and Cory ran towards it trying to get their first. Riley, beat Cory there first, "Peaches, is that you? Asked Riley excitedly. "Nope, it's Zay, Farkle, Smackle, Lucas, and Chai." Replied the group of friends. Riley and Cory groaned, Topanga rolled her eyes and pressed the button.

Zay, Farkle, Smackle, Lucas, and Chai entered the living room, "Good afternoon, Matthews. Thanks for inviting us." Said Lucas. "No problem, Lucas. We're just waiting for everyone to show us, there's snacks in case your already hungry." Replied Topanga. The kids nodded and Zay, Smackle, Lucas, and Chai headed towards the snacks.

Riley Bedroom

Farkle grabbed Riley's hand and dragged her to her room, "Riley, you have to tell Maya, the truth about your feelings towards her. Said Farkle. "You can't tell her! Farkle, she's dating Chai. Who, is our friend, besides my feelings for Maya will go away eventually." Replied Riley trying to convince Farkle not to tell. "No, stop lying to yourself, Riley! Your in love with Maya. You always have been since we were kids! You have till midnight to tell Maya or I will!" Said Farkle and he walked out of Riley's room.

Riley took a couple of deep breaths and existed out of her room. As soon as she left her room, Auggie entered and pulled something out of his pocket and hung it over the bay window and hid it, so Riley couldn't see it when she walked back to her room. "Perfect!" Said Auggie.

Living Room

Later on, Riley's classmates started arriving, and the only people who were missing were Maya, Shawn, and Katy. "Hey, Riley, Chai. Do, you know what's taking Maya and her family so long?" Asked Smackle. Before either girls could answer, the door opened and Maya and her family entered the apartment.