The Different Types of Sexuailty

The Clique Six are embarking on their junior year of high school. They expected it to be a simple year with no worries whatsoever. Not one of them had any idea know how wrong they were.

Maya and Riley walked inside Abigail Adams High School, hand in hand as usual. They spot their friends Farkle, Smackle, Zay, and Lucas standing just outside of Mr. Matthews' classroom.

Riley and Lucas had broken up over summer when they finally realized their true relationship was. Siblings. They didn't allow their breakup to ruin the friendship they had. Deep down both knew the breakup was coming and it was a clean, mutual break.

A warning bell rang, signaling first period was about to begin. The six friends walked down the hall to health class and took their usual seats. Maya looked at the board and read aloud the words written there, "The Different Types of Sexuality." Before any of them have a chance to comment Mr. Fannucci walked into the room to begin class.

"Good morning class. Let's get started. Who here can tell me what the main recognized types of sexualities are?"

Farkle, as expected, raised his hand and responded, "Heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, and asexuality are the predominant ones. However, there are many others."

"Correct, Mr. Minkus," Mr. Fannucci responded while nodding. He continued to explain what each of the sexualities Farkles listed meant, lumping bisexuality and pansexuality into one group, while still expressing that there were differences between the two. "Heterosexuality is when you like the gender opposite of you. Homosexuality is liking the same gender as you. Bisexuals and Pansexuals like multiple genders. Asexuals aren't interested in sex. If you don't feel you fit into any of these boxes, that's fine. There are labels for just about anything you can think of, and you don't have to have a label. Such an important thing as identifying your sexuality is a personal decision. No one can make that call for you." He turned to Riley, "Is that sensitive enough for you, Sunshine?"

Riley gave him a laugh, knowing he was referencing a particularly awkward topic in their freshman year health class.

"Your assignment this week," he continued on, "is to write out what you think your true sexuality is. No one will read these but me, so please be honest. If you don't want to label yourself, use this paper to explain why that is."

The bell rang, and the six friends gathered their books and exited the room along with the rest of the class. They were all thinking the same thing, "What is my sexuality?"