Chapter 42

Their set was finally done and they all ran off stage and tackled me in one big sweaty hug.

"Okay guys. Need. Air " I got out finally.

"Oh sorry" they said in unison.

They let go and I let out a breath of air.

When they were done putting up their equipment Alan and I went to my car. He just insisted on driving.

When we got in the silence was tensional.

"Alan. What's wrong" I asked as he started the car.

"Nothing" he said, avoiding my question.

"Bull shit" I said under my breath.

I can't take the silence so I put my Linkin Park Hybrid Theory CD in.

Alan sang along anf I just listened to him. I have never heard him sing and I always thoyght he couldn't but he can. He is actually pretty good. He sounds a lot like them.

I guess I was staring because he said "like what you see" with a smirk.

I just rolled my eyes and said "someone is cocky, huh?"

"Always for you" he said with a smirk.

"Oh my god Alan" I said as I felt myself blush.

We parked and went up to my apartment. I unlocked the door and there was a note on thw coubter because Alan handed it to me. It was from Shay.

Dear Carter,
I am sorry for what I have put you through. I love you and always will. I had to break things off with you for us both. I love you and I can't stand hurting you anymore. You are to good for me and deserve so much better.
Love, Shayley

I can't believe it.

Before I know it I start crying.

Alan rushes over and says "what's wrong" convern coating his voice.

I handed him the note Shayley wrote and his face went from sorrowful to anger.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and closed the space between us. He kissed my forehead and whispered " you deserve so much better " in my hair.

I finally stopped crying and his face brightened.

" let's dye my hair another color" I said randomly.

"Okay. What color "he said.

"You pick. Any color" I said.

"Okay thwn lets go to the store and get your hairdye" he said with excitement.

"Okay let's go" I said happily and I grabbed my car keys off of the counter snd we walked hand in hand to my car.

------------------------------------------------------
Two hours later

My hair is done now. Alan dyed it and I'm so nervous to look at it.

He wanted it to be a suprise so I wasn't even aloud to look at the color he picked out at the store.

I walked into the mirror with him behind me and braced myself. But I actually love it.

It was half green half black.

(Just what her hair looks like

(Just what her hair looks like. She still looks the same as she always has)

I tackled Alan in a hug. He gladly hugged me back too.

"You know it wasn't that jard to dye it" He said like it was the easiest thing in the world. I shot him a glare.

"Okay so maybe it wasn't so easy" he said raising his hands up in the air.

"But on a serious note, I want you to promise me something okay?"

"Sure" I said uneasy of what he was gonna say.

He took a deep breath and spoke softly.

" Look, since I've seen you today you look different and I don't like it. You used to be full of life and happy. There was never a dull moment with you. Now you just seem different. I want the old you back. I don't know what has happened to you but I don't like it. Please come back. Promise me you won't get hooked in those pills again. Because it destroyed you. I can tell. Your face is sunken in and you look like you haven't slept in days. Promise me you will go back to the way you used to. Because it kills me seeing you like this " he finished his speech and it looked like he was going to cry. I have never seen him cry before.

Is the Alan Anthony Ashby crying over me?

"I promise" I said without hesitation.

Truth be told I love Shay and Alan but I become two different people. When I'm with Shay I become closed out from the rest of the world and I only want him. But when I am with Alan I am always happy. Because he makes me happy.

He pulled me in for a hug and I gladly hugged him back. I really am glad that he came back. I just don't want him to leave.

A/N: So what do you guys think? Let me know in the comments! Love all of you.