139. ~ Promise

Time: 12:21 am.
Setting: Luke's Bathtub. Room 151.

Ashton: Sleepy?

Luke: (smiles) Not at all.

Ashton: (playing with the water) We've changed so much since the day we met. Have you noticed?

Luke: Yeah.

Ashton: (worried) Do you regret any of it?

Luke: (shakes his head) I could never regret anything that brought me to you, koala. (hugs Ashton to his body, water sloshing slightly)

Ashton: Sometimes I think I regret certain things in my life. (thoughtfully) But, I can't fully regret anything because if one thing had been different, just one thing, I feel that we wouldn't have met the way we did. We wouldn't have fallen in love the way we did.

Luke: (smiles, light teasing) You're in love with me, then?

Ashton: (blushes) That kinda just slipped out. (Luke chuckles, Ashton leans against him) But, it's true. I'm totally in love with you.

Luke: (grinning) Yeah?

Ashton: (smacks him lightly) Don't look so pleased.

Luke: (kisses Ashton's cheek) I can't help it. (sincere) The man I'm in love with just told me that he's in love with me, too. I can't help but be pleased.

Ashton: (quiet, a small smile on his lips) We're properly in love then?

Luke: (hugs Ashton tighter) I'll always be properly in love with you, Ashton. (brings one hand up to play with Ashton's hair) It's not a question. It's a statement. One that I plan to prove to you until the day I die.

Ashton: (sighs happily) I'm glad. To have you love me so much.

Luke: Me, too. I'll never stop. I promise.

Ashton: Me, too. (Luke smiles, Ashton blushes) I'll always be in love with you, Lukey. You and me. We're for real, y'know?

Luke: (tilts Ashton's head slightly to kiss him) I know, koala.