119. ~ Breather

Note: Tf PMFC reached a peak rank of #120 yesterday and it's almost at 60k reads!! <3 <3 <3

>>>

Mood: "Some Type of Love" by Charlie Puth.

"When the world's on fire, we won't even move

There is no reason, if I'm here with you"

Time: 10:32 am.

Setting: Florida Hospital Orlando.

Luke: (walks outside, sees Ashton sitting on a bench, walks over) You okay? (holds out a cup of coffee)

Ashton: (stressed sigh) Flashbacks.

Luke: (nods in understanding, sits next to him, quiet for several seconds) Ashton? Have I done something wrong?

Ashton: (confused) What?

Luke: (sad smile) You've been distant. Since...(trails off) Well, since I touched you. (Ashton is quiet, blushes) I'm sorry.

Ashton: (shakes head, eyes on the ground) It's not you, Lukey. It's just...I'm a coward, aren't I? I'm afraid. I was...I liked it.(voice lower) And, it scared me.

Luke: (calm) So...I didn't overstep?

Ashton: (sighs, leans into Luke's side, Luke is surprised) I told you that I'm still getting used to being with you. (flinches at how that sounded) I like you, Luke. I'm sorry that it's taking so long. Maybe, you should-

Luke: (cuts him off) Don't tell me to find someone else, Ashton. (firm) It's not going to happen.

Ashton: (looks up at him, leans back against him) I'm sorry.

Luke: Don't be. I know it's hard. I've told you, koala. I can wait.

Ashton: (pouts) I hate making you wait.

Luke: (smiles) Ashton, I could wait years. Don't be so hard on yourself. I know you're trying.

Ashton: (looks back up, hesitantly leans up to kiss Luke on the lips, Luke smiles brightly, Ashton giggles) You're pretty when you smile. (Luke rolls his eyes, leans down to kiss Ashton on the forehead, Ashton pouts, baby voice) Want real kiss, Lukey. (Luke holds one hand to his cheek, grips tightly before leaning down to place a firm, loving kiss on Ashton's lips, they pull away, Ashton sighs in contentment) I can do kisses. I'm getting used to those.

Luke: I'm glad. I love kissing you.

Ashton: (glances at hospital, sighs again) Luke? (Luke hums in response) Don't you ever think of having kids? Wouldn't being with a man make it hard?

Luke: (shrugs) Never really thought about it. But, there's always adoption. (looks down at Ashton, teasing) I could always try to get you pregnant but I don't think that would work without a miracle. (Ashton squeaks, smacks Luke on the arm, Luke laughs) I'm kidding, koala.

Ashton: (blushing) Soon.

Luke: (confused, still smiling) Huh?

Ashton: (shyly, leans up to whisper in Luke's ear, one hand on Luke's neck) I'll let you try, soon. (softly kisses Luke's neck, pulls away with a shy smile, looking down)

Luke: (aroused, tries not to show it, coughs) You're a cheeky little shit, you know that?

Ashton: (giggles, leans into Luke, happy sigh) You love me, though.

"And when it's said and done, I'll give me to you,

That's some type of love, that's some type of love"

QOTD: How does the prospect of children affect a relationship?