112. ~ Break

Time: 8:32 pm.

Setting: Luke's Room. Room 343.

Alex: (staring at the beef stew in front of him, fearful) Um. Did you cook this?

Luke: (scoffs) Rude. (watches Alex squirm for a few seconds before laughing) Ashton made it before he left. It's safe to eat.

Alex: (sighs in relief, starts eating, talking between bites) So, where is the fella', anyway? I haven't seen him in a while.

Luke: (nods) He's at Harry and Louis' place, right now. Hanging with Niall.

Alex: Those two made up, then?

Luke: (starts to eat his own food) Sort of. From what Ashton tells me, it's still kinda hard for him to be in the same room with either of them. (smiles) But, he's trying. That's what matters.

Alex: (cooing) Aw, my little caterpillar has grown up.

Luke: He's not a child.

Alex: (huffs, looking around the place) Hm.

Luke: (raising an eyebrow) What?

Alex: (shakes head) Nothing. Just looks a lot homier since Ashton's been coming around, again. More color.

Luke: You don't hear me complaining.

Alex: (teasing) That's because you're in love with the little flowerpot.

Luke: Whatever, dude.

Alex: Don't call me 'dude', bruh.

Luke: (looks like he's about to say something when he hears the lock click, eyebrows furrow, confused) Ashton? Are you back, already? (starts walking to the door)

Alex: (under his breath) You sound like a damn housewife.

Ashton: (appears in the doorway, crying, holding an envelope in his hand) Lukey.

Luke: (rushes to him, holds him to his chest, let's Ashton cry on his shirt) Koala? What's wrong?

Alex: (worried) Does he need anything? (tries to touch Ashton) Ashton, you okay?

Ashton: (panicking, screechy) Go away! Just go away! (pulls away from Luke, drops envelope) Just leave me alone! (runs to Luke's bedroom, locks the door behind him)

Luke: (starts towards his bedroom, stopped by Alex's hand on his shoulder, snapping) What? (Alex points at the envelope, Luke picks it up and opens it, eyes widen)

Alex: (worried) What is it?

Luke: (shocked) It's a wedding invitation. (hands the paper to Alex) Niall and Gemma are getting married.

Note: It has just occurred to me that Alex is six feet tall. What. The. Fuck.