81. ~ Agony

Note: So, this story has recently been ranked #798 in Fanfiction on Wattpad. *fans eyes* And like, I know that 798 is a pretty low rank compared to other big name fanfics but...I'm just...I'm really so fucking happy. Like, I'm about to cry because I never actually thought any of my stories would ever actually reach a rank on Wattpad and I'm just so happy for everything because you guys are the reason I was even ranked in the first place. Thank you for the votes and comments and thanks for sticking with me through this entire journey. *sniffles, wipes tears, gives you thousands of hugs and kisses*

We still have a long way to go so please continue to stick with me, especially after this chapter.

I love you guys so much. <3

Mood: "Move On" by Witt Lowry.

>>>

"I can taste all of the pain in your tongue,

I can taste all of my pain in the rum,

Knew it was over before it begun"

Time: 6:32 pm.

Setting: Luke's Room. Room 343.

Luke: (watches Ashton plop down next to him on his couch, eyebrow raised) No Troye?

Ashton: He's off with Tyler. Honestly, I've never met someone with so much energy. (giggles) And that's coming from me.

Luke: (nods, sips on his soda and stares at the TV) Had a good time then?

Ashton: (smiles) Yep. The best.

Luke: (nods sadly, lip quirked) Yeah. Troye's always been a charmer.

Ashton: (leans against Luke, grinning) Is someone jealous?

Luke: No. (genuine) I just don't want you getting hurt.

Ashton: (pouts) Don't you trust me?

Luke: (reaches a hand out before he can stop himself, plays with Ashton's bottom lip) I trust you. I don't trust Troye.

Ashton: (breath hitches, staring at Luke, gingerly tries to lick his lip but licks Luke's finger instead)

Luke: (gasps, pulls hand away slowly, staring at Ashton) Ashton, there's something I need to tell you. (stares at Ashton's lip, starts to lean forward)

Ashton: (eyes widen, heart races, clenches fists) I-I...Lukey, what are you doing?

Luke: (sucks in a deep breath) I like you, Ashton. I want you. (pained) I'm sorry. I can't keep lying to myself. I like you more than I should.

Ashton: (backs up suddenly, freaked out) What? (voice shaky) No. No, that can't be true. (demanding) Take it back!

Luke: (shocked, hurt) Take it back? I can't take it back, Ashton. (moves forward) Ashton, I like you.

Ashton: (not a question) Like a friend.

Luke: (firm) Like a partner.

Ashton: (screams) Like a friend! (gets to his feet, covering his ears) Nothing more! Just a friend! I'm nothing more than a friend!

Luke: (hands clenched, pained) Friends don't sleep in the same bed, Ashton. They don't cuddle and fight and make breakfast for each other like we do. (broken) They don't get jealous like we do. They don't hold each other like we do.

Ashton: (fierce, eyes closed) Yes, they do! They do! (breaking down) They do! They do! Take it back. (pleading, near tears) Please, Luke, please! Take it back. I can't. (dry sob) I can't.

Luke: (stares at him, shaking) Do I disgust you that much?

Ashton: (quiets, covering his mouth, eyes still closed)

Luke: (sniffles, wipes away a tear) I'm sorry then. I'm not taking it back, Ashton. (steady) Because I do like you. But, if that's what you want. (chokes on the word) Friends. Then...we can just be friends.

Ashton: (nods, arms to himself, frail) Okey.

Luke: (runs a hand through his hair, weakly) I think you should go. (distant) I'd like to be by myself.

Ashton: (hurt, clutches hands to his chest) Okey. (starts walking towards door, regretful) I'm sorry, Lukey. (one last look, exits)

Luke: (sits down on couch, face in his hands, sobs) Fuck. Why? (angrily flings couch pillow across the room, it hits a wall) Fuck! (crying, pained) Why?

"Near to you, I am healing but it's taking so long,

Cause though he's gone, and you are wonderful,

It's hard to move on"

QOTD: I know most of your are upset but take a moment to think. Why did Luke feel the need to tell Ashton now, of all times? What may have pushed him? Why did Ashton react so violently?