99. Come

Note: I haven't updated because I've been so drained with work and I just couldn't stand to have a chapter that held no relevance. The purpose of the trip was originally to have us dig into Lashton's pasts but I see no need to keep bringing up the past, as these two characters are trying to build forward, not backwards. I have a three-day weekend so I'm going to spend that time picking this story apart and seeing what I am absolutely sure should happen. I'm trying to develop these characters, not constantly bring them back to the past so that's what we're going to be seeing a lot of in the next few chapters - development, in both themselves and their relationship.

Also, some fluff for all the drama I've put you guys through.

>>>

Time: 2:10 am.
Setting: Ashton's Room, Room 151.

Luke: (pushing Ashton awake, soft tone) Ashton. Wake up.

Ashton: (groans, rolls over, freezes when he realizes who is talking) Lukey?

Luke: (apologetic) Sorry, should I have waited until later to come by?

Ashton: (stares up at him, shakes head, smiles) No, it's okey. (happy) You came back.

Luke: (fond) Of course. (pausing) Did you ever doubt I would?

Ashton: (shakes head) Never. (holds arms out, sleepily) Come cuddle.

Luke: (raises eyebrow) Don't you think we have other things to talk about?

Ashton: (whining) Sleepy, Lukey.

Luke: (sighs, strips down to a t-shirt and boxers, gets into bed) What am I going to do with you?

Ashton: (head on Luke's chest, arm wrapped around his waist) I'm happy you're back.

Luke: (teasing) You just miss having someone take you Taco Bell cuz all your friends are health nuts.

Ashton: (snuggling into Luke's chest) Mhm. How did you know?

Luke: (laughs, yawns) G'night, koala. (falls asleep)

Ashton: (still awake, tracing a finger over Luke's chest) I'm glad you're back because it was hell without you. (Luke is still asleep) Because I couldn't sleep without you and I missed you so bad, it hurt. Because I love you so much, you idiot. And I hope you stay here with me forever because I can never picture me without you. (whispering) One day, I'll be able to say it to your face. Just...just please, wait for that day. Wait for me, darling.

QOTD: Luke is back! Thoughts?

Note: I really saw no need to drag the Australia trip out. There was no real relevance other than to make Ashton see how life is without Luke a.k.a. Hell.